Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im stuck between the HMK Voyager jacket and the Slednecks Bomber jacket. I either want all black or the snow camo on either of the brands. The slednecks jacket looks pretty badass. I would'nt even think about buying a slednecks jacket if "SLEDNECKS" was plastered all over it but this ones pretty modest when it comes to the name. They both look pretty versatile and either will be warm with the Klim layering that I have. The price is'nt a problem on either of the jackets. Im also looking for pants/bibs. I think im definitely going to go with the HMK voyager bibs. They look pretty legit. Just looking for everyones opinion or if you have bought either of the two and would give me a rating.

SLEDNECKS:
http://shop.slednecks.com/2011-Bomber-Outerwear/products/1076/

HMK:
http://www.hmkusa.com/product-details/Voyager-Jacket

HMK BIBS:
http://www.hmkusa.com/product-details/Voyager-Bib
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I like the design of the slednecks jacket much better. I can agree with you on the modest size of the logo, a nice change from things like that being plastered all over stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
will_5 said:
So im stuck between the HMK Voyager jacket and the Slednecks Bomber jacket. I either want all black or the snow camo on either of the brands. The slednecks jacket looks pretty badass. I would'nt even think about buying a slednecks jacket if "SLEDNECKS" was plastered all over it but this ones pretty modest when it comes to the name. They both look pretty versatile and either will be warm with the Klim layering that I have. The price is'nt a problem on either of the jackets. Im also looking for pants/bibs. I think im definitely going to go with the HMK voyager bibs. They look pretty legit. Just looking for everyones opinion or if you have bought either of the two and would give me a rating.

SLEDNECKS:
http://shop.slednecks.com/2011-Bomber-Outerwear/products/1076/

HMK:
http://www.hmkusa.com/product-details/Voyager-Jacket

HMK BIBS:
http://www.hmkusa.com/product-details/Voyager-Bib
i would get the sledneck and the black only hmk bibs to match each other
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,677 Posts
You can't go wrong with HMK. I've been rocking their gear for a couple years now, and couldn't be happier. I have the Voyager jacket and Action bibs (older versions of course). Never been cold nor wet while wearing them.

I like the looks of the Slednecks gear, but don't think I could ever wear it just for the names sake. I do own a Slednecks hoody, and even feel awkward wearing that at times. I guess I'm just not extreme enough to rock it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Although slednecks outerwear is pretty good ( I wear it myself ), if you have the cash to go HMK do it. HMK is a great company that truly backs there product so you cant go wrong with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Quinlan said:
You can't go wrong with HMK. I've been rocking their gear for a couple years now, and couldn't be happier. I have the Voyager jacket and Action bibs (older versions of course). Never been cold nor wet while wearing them.

I like the looks of the Slednecks gear, but don't think I could ever wear it just for the names sake. I do own a Slednecks hoody, and even feel awkward wearing that at times. I guess I'm just not extreme enough to rock it.
A few monster stickers on your sled and u should be extreme enough lol. I would go with hmk just because they are pretty close to klim quality I want to see how motor fist is going to do this year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quinlan said:
You can't go wrong with HMK. I've been rocking their gear for a couple years now, and couldn't be happier. I have the Voyager jacket and Action bibs (older versions of course). Never been cold nor wet while wearing them.

I like the looks of the Slednecks gear, but don't think I could ever wear it just for the names sake. I do own a Slednecks hoody, and even feel awkward wearing that at times. I guess I'm just not extreme enough to rock it.
Yeah i'd never go all out on the slednecks gear either. I personally think it just makes you look like a "wannabe". Just my personal opinion! That slednecks jacket looks pretty sick though...I like the design. The HMK voyager design looks mediocre. I thought about a Klim jacket...but EVERYONE has 'em and I just want to be more original... plus the jackets they make are too short for my long 6'5" 'figure'. I'd definitely go with motorfist, but I don't want to spend 400.00 on a jacket that I know almost nothing about. If I could see it in person and try it on i'd probably go with motorfist.

Mad-Boondocker said:
Quinlan said:
You can't go wrong with HMK. I've been rocking their gear for a couple years now, and couldn't be happier. I have the Voyager jacket and Action bibs (older versions of course). Never been cold nor wet while wearing them.

I like the looks of the Slednecks gear, but don't think I could ever wear it just for the names sake. I do own a Slednecks hoody, and even feel awkward wearing that at times. I guess I'm just not extreme enough to rock it.
A few monster stickers on your sled and u should be extreme enough lol. I would go with hmk just because they are pretty close to klim quality I want to see how motor fist is going to do this year
Yeah...Motorfist is in it's second year and I havint heard anything about them. Which is holding me back on laying down 400.00!

I still have no clue on what im gonna get*

Made up my mind guys...haha. HMK voyager jacket and bibs. Now, I just have to decide on the all black, or snow camo. Opinions? Thanks for the opinions guys. I like to hear what everyone likes/dislikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
While i can say nothing about hmk. I have rocked the sledneck jacket for 4seasons now. I have worn it out west in the mountains and here at home in temps from + 2--51 celcius and never complained. Now i bought my gear when having sledneck stuff was new to the market. Hell i would even buy again just due to how well it has held up. Now i have both pants ans jacket but never wear the pants here there just to light for the temps. They work fine for warm weather and the mountains but even then i still wear my fxr pants as i prefer the shoulder straps.

I am now nor have i everbeen a slednecks wannabe, i just refuse to wear a sled manufactures line due to the fact i am not brand loyal and could ju,p ship, just so happens my last 2 sled have been from the same.

Now if and when i get new gear klim will be considered. As simply put it is one of the best lines of snowmobile wear out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
i have a cold wave all black jacket and i never felt cold in it and i do have Polaris xcsp edge jacket that i like to wear and show my loyalty but i might try Castle X or Fxr but they have black if you are looking for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I also liked the klim stuff, but wow was it expensive! Other than the tekvests which cost less than the normal ones lol? Arctiva stuff also looked good too, as I really like the comp 5 gloves I picked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
Guys i have worn it all, i have a full polaris suit, full fxr suit, hjc jacket, slednecks jacket and pants. Each person like what they like. I bought a hjc jacket on sale to be used more as a day to day jacket.......i never wear it i simply do not like the feel of the jacket i just ended up being a loaner. My polaris gear while warm and comfy and sexy is heavy and as such is my back up suit, same as my fxr gear thought i like its movement and range of motion but the fit is so form fitting i can not wear my tekvest under it. While the sledneck jacket by its nature is lighter as the targeted market is for the active mounatin rider where they are producing more bodyheat then a trail rider is my prefered jacket as i can add the layers i feel i need even in - 50c. Due to its range of motion and the fit i can wear my tekvest and still feel light.

What works for one does not work for another while i like to help people out in selecting a jacket and bibs. The best way is to try it on and see what and how you like it.

There is no right or wrong choice, every brand has its up and downs to each person, buy what you like and enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
The white snow camo coat looks sweat but its white and it will be a pita to keep clean. I have a polaris coat with a lot of white on it and it gets dirty real easy from things like unloading the sleds leaning up against the salt covered truck or if you have to do any work on your sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fusionshuk06 said:
The white snow camo coat looks sweat but its white and it will be a pita to keep clean. I have a polaris coat with a lot of white on it and it gets dirty real easy from things like unloading the sleds leaning up against the salt covered truck or if you have to do any work on your sled
Good to know[thumb]
 
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
jake.parker said:
i have a cold wave all black jacket and i never felt cold in it
That's the brand I was trying to think of. I didn't get CW because didn't like the huge rubber 'coldwave' across the front. I wound up with AC gear, but settled for all black, with the tiniest writing on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Although slednecks outerwear is pretty good ( I wear it myself ), if you have the cash to go HMK do it. HMK is a great company that truly backs there product so you cant go wrong with it.
why wouldn't you? aren't you apart of their team?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top