Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a real problem with the power valves on my Artic Cat 2002 600 (twin) Pantera jamming (open), and breaking servo cables. (I have been using regular A/C oil which the dealor says is better than synthetic for not jamming valves). Is this particular engine bad for this and/or do you guys have suggestions? This is a great machine otherwise but its not going to be warranty forever![?]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Your dealer says to use regular oil? I would think that synthetic would be a lot better for the valves. I don't know what the heck he is thinking. Have you tryed taking the valves out and cleaning them? I would see what kind of condition they are in, and try to use synthetic oil if at all possible.

·
Registered
608 Posts
How many miles on your sled? You should clean the valves periodically. I would use synthetic oil, the dealer must be trying to make money on service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 2800 miles on the this sled. The valves were stuck open again in less than 800 miles. Quite a few guys say that synthetic oil is even worse for sticking valves...??

·
Registered
32 Posts
They must be guys that don't want to spend a few extra bucks and at the same time don't want you to know thier cheep. GO SYNTHETIC!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Go with the synthetic. I myself use the Shell but there's plenty others out there. Burns cleaner, less odor, less smoke runs smoother and heck you can even run alot more hp out of it. (That's just my opinion though). I use synthetic in my sled, boat, truck and even my chainsaw. It shouldn't gum up valves.[^] I don't believe that for a second.[8D] Mark P.S. Besides, why does Arctic Cat supply AC synthetic oil as well? Things that make you go ummm[;)]

·
Registered
16 Posts
My buddy had the same problem with his Panthera 600EFI this year and the factory setting for the oil injection was set way too high. Have a look at the marks on the adjuster for full closed and full open throttle, adjust as necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts