Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i posted stuck throttle in a different thread in the "the shop" well i think i had ice builded up in it. well what i did is got out my moms blowdryer got it hot so the ice would melt out of it then pored rubbing alchol down the throttle houseing. the reason for this is because rubbing alchol absorbs water. then after words i started it up and it ran good no more stuck throttle Knock on wood it wont happen again but i was wonderin how do u get dry graphite down in the cable houseing for lubrication because wd 40 just aint workin for a long time? thinks for the info and the info i told u.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sled cables are teflon or plastic coated and shouldn't have anything put on them.And WD40 freezes. Go with the alcohol to get it clean and dry.If that doesn't work replace it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a cable lub kit from my dealer for $5.00 and then use Lock De-Icer in the cables. Works great, just keep it in the machine[8D]

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but how do u get dry graphite down in to it or is there something else that will work better that wont freeze

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You should be able to pick up a can of cable lube from your dealer. It has graphite in it.Comes with a small straw so you can just shoot it in there.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You also might be able to find it at a farm supply store. Here in WI we have Fleet Farm and Farm & Fleet. Don't know about where you are. Look for chain & cable lube with graphite. I got mine at the Polaris dealer in town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts