Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing out 192 bald studs on a 2000 xcr 800.I have 192 stainless steel woodys with round plastic backers thier length is 1.175.Is anywone else running this length in a stock track or are they just to long.It seems I have the room.

·
Registered
632 Posts
what is your lug height? I think 1.175 would work on a 1" or a 7/8".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't seem to get very many replies.I guess I will have to try them.I have read in the forums some other guys have ran with a half an inch of penetration with no problems.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
All depends the terrain you're using it on...

If you hit lots of rocks and twigs, 1/2" penetration ain't all that healthy. It'll cause a lot of tearouts.

For groomed trails and ice, it's fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thanks for the info.

That is what i originally thought but I read some others on this forum ran that length and I was incorrect about the actual length of the stud so I guess I will have to send them back and reorder.It just sucks because we finally have great snow and I have the week off and already have 12 studs out.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Here's a chart of the recommended heights... I wouldn't run too far outside that if you're going to be trail and ditch riding.

View attachment 20101226112115781_18890.pdf

Bummer, I'd just put them 12 back in until you get the correct studs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No go I had to use a cutoff wheel to get them out.I couldn't find a t25 torx bit that wouldn't break or twist.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Take 12 out on the opposite side of the track to balance it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts