Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
To There nice to have because u dont slide on the ice but I think they bet the crap outta your sled and they ruin the track if not ridden right.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
can be life savers

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
awesome at times but suck at other times

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Originally posted by stormrider62033
[br]can be life savers
i second that,
if u can get them get them, and how does studs beat ur sled

·
Registered
364 Posts
no studs go with the 1-1/2" track

·
Registered
135 Posts
Depends on the kind of riding, I say. Riding on ice? Yes. Ride fast? Yes. Kind of just putt around and sight see? Don't bother.

Also you don't really need to over do it. After a while we started to go less studs just to see if we noticed any difference...I currently only have 96 down the center (two on each row) and I'm fine.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]
[br]can be life savers
i second that,
i agree studs are life savers. i think he ment if you bottom out, have a roll over they can dig into you. but i agree studs are great.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If you ride with guys with studs get them. If one of them has to stop short your in big trouble if you dont have them. If not you dont HAVE to get them but they could be nice. I dont have them and i dont have any problems, I think ti makes me a better rider, I have to really focus on the terrian so I dont slide out.

If you get them make sure to get a tunnel protecter.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
i say studs but only like 96 down the center...i never stud near the edge...only center

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Originally posted by 91530ext
[br]no studs go with the 1-1/2" track
thats fine if you ride on groomed trail ,but a buddy of mine almost drowned when his sled ,an xcr 700 ,spun out and went out in the thin ice area ,just got done putting on a ripshaw with no studs says hes most definitely putting studs in

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is the 2nd year that I've had them on my machine, I will never do without again. Especally in the heavy bush when you have to stop for animals who just inadvertantly jump out in front of you just as your flying by. I am for it them the way.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I want them but I'm getting rid of my sled soon so I'm not going to bother. My new sled will have them, on icy trails and lakes I'm screwed.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i rode one year on a 440 fan without studs. Never again after the scary close calls sliding on icey trails or crossing roads.
I can't imagine what it would be like with todays 600's or 800's without studs !!!

When you WANT to stop...the worst feeling is knowing your track is locked up but your still flying full speed ahead.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
They have saved me a couple of times, I also like to use the power available on a sled and put it to the ground, Studs help out with that real nice. If I lived where there was a boat load of snow I most likely wouldnt need them. IMO anything to improve braking on sleds is a must have.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have never even riden on a sled with studs before my MXZ, which has 144. And I dont think I will go back to unstuded. The comparison is huge! you can hook up on harder packed and breaking distance is shortened! I guess I will ride a sled that doesnt have studs but as far as any machine I own... consider it studded.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]
[br]can be life savers
i second that,
you should see the bottem of my tunnle... 2 foot crack from where the studs hit. (last owned did that one)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts