Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is not a huge amount of snow here every year but enough to want studs. is 96 enough? what patterns do you have best luck with?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
96 is a good amount

2 studs per pitch. space them out so they make a nice V or ^ shape look on woodys or any other stud site. they have printable templates.

as for drilling

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i hve ran no studs on any of our sleds. but i also do a lot of spinning on ice and hardpack iced roads and trails. and this is a 121"-15"-.85" track btw

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have always ran 96 studs the only sled i ran more on 192 i think had so many tear outs it wasnt funny. Many guys will say its gotta go in a v pattern or double backers or this or that. I listened for years then found the pattern Ill swear by forever it is as goes..

Not sure why its not showin up right but the 2 close are centered between the 2 far..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
800DOO said:
I have always ran 96 studs the only sled i ran more on 192 i think had so many tear outs it wasnt funny. Many guys will say its gotta go in a v pattern or double backers or this or that. I listened for years then found the pattern Ill swear by forever it is as goes..

Not sure why its not showin up right but the 2 close are centered between the 2 far..
ya i know what you mean. that is what i thought would be a good pattern too.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I run 96 Woody's Gold diggers(1.325") with aluminum tall nuts in a 1" Camoplast track. I run 2 per bar, with 12 scratch lines. Bites very well. I paired it up with 9" woody's dually carbides.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
There's a general rule that says 1 stud/HP. Your sled is right around 100hp, so 96 would be perfect. I think the 'V' pattern is one of the more common ones...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quinlan said:
There's a general rule that says 1 stud/HP. Your sled is right around 100hp, so 96 would be perfect. I think the 'V' pattern is one of the more common ones...
ok thanks. and could you pm me about the clutching stuff? i have a few questions. might be stupid ones but im not sure about them. thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
as long as you alternate and dont lop side it with to many one one side, you want a even patten look at you sled first and lay it out before drilling, i just put 9? in my 2in track oh go down middle no out side picks!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya the outside would seem to flex and not do much good. especially only with 96.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Studs on the outside are bad!!!!!!!!! 99% of the people i know that had them on the outside had bad tear outs.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Quinlan said:
I have about 130 HP, at 96 bite more than adequately for me! I guess it also depends on the stud condition, type and size...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts