Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at machine and I have one stud pulled out. Unfortunately it is in a bad place. It is on the edge between the window and the edge of the track. [:0] There is only about 3/4 inch of rubber on each side of the pullout (3/4 to the window & 3/4 to the edge of the track) This track is in good shape except for that pullout.

Do you think I can make the season with it like that? Is there anyway to put a bandaid on it to help it make the season. I plan on putting a new track on it next summer, I just didn't want to have to make that investment of money and time right now.

What's your thoughts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you should be able to make it through the season with no problem. just check it out every now and then to make sure it's not progressing fast. i rode on my last track for a long time with one pulled out of the outside like that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to hear. It had all the studs in it about a month ago. It must have torn out when loading it on the trailer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
see thats why i dont care for studs. i bought my sled from minnesota and when i got home i noticed one of the studs were pulled out, and the idler wheel goes right over top of this hole which was chewed up[attachment=49236] i am eiter going get a new track or get the one repaired and take all the studs out\, no one around here uses them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i don't put them on the outside area of the track, just the middle. the outside studs are much more susceptible to pullouts because they take more abuse in corning, which also forces them against those outside wheels harder.

·
Registered
476 Posts
these ones that are on are on the insider and that wheel connected to the shock rides right over the hole. at least the guy is giving me some money towards a new track

1 - 6 of 6 Posts