Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 know whats the biggest stud u can put into a prs chassis? i have a 94 mach1 and want to put studs in the trackthe track is probly 3/4 lug,i was thinkin .875 for stud size my buddy wants me to put in 1"-what is too bigi know theres not too much room in between the track and the radiators in the tunnel... what u guys think

·
Registered
20 Posts
No matter what size the sleds chassis/frame/track will allow you still do NOT want to go to long or you'll just make it easier for the studs to pull out and also shorten the tracks life immensely. Measure what size track you have and then decide what manufacturer's stud your going to use and then look on their chart and they'll have usually 2 recommended sizes, go with the larger of the 2 and you'll get the best performance AND longevity out of your track & studs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks- think im goin w/ the woodys gold digger studs- just w/ my sled being older i dont know what is too big? i think my lug is only 3/4 but my buddy is tellin me its 1"- if it is 1" i dont think there is enough room to go with a 1.075 or a 1.125,but i dont know for shure, and if i get too long of studs that will just be a bigger problem then(new heat exchangers)i quess the first thing would be to get a good measurement of my lugg size(sled is in wisconsin,im in illinois)ill have my buddy measure for me this week,and go from there

·
Registered
1 Posts
skidoome91 said:
thanks- think im goin w/ the woodys gold digger studs- just w/ my sled being older i dont know what is too big? i think my lug is only 3/4 but my buddy is tellin me its 1"- if it is 1" i dont think there is enough room to go with a 1.075 or a 1.125,but i dont know for shure, and if i get too long of studs that will just be a bigger problem then(new heat exchangers)i quess the first thing would be to get a good measurement of my lugg size(sled is in wisconsin,im in illinois)ill have my buddy measure for me this week,and go from there
ALRIGHT. I HAVE A 1998 SKI DOO MXZ 500, I JUST BOUGHT MY BUDDYS RIPSAW TRACK, 3/4 LUG, IT HAS 1.25 INCH PICKS. NOT A GOOD IDEA, WENT FOR A LITTLE RIDE NOW I HAVE SCRAPE MARKS DOWN MY RADIATOR. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE ON A SLED. PICKS SUCK!!! i hate them, never getting them again.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
tyler.cyr said:
skidoome91 said:
ALRIGHT. I HAVE A 1998 SKI DOO MXZ 500, I JUST BOUGHT MY BUDDYS RIPSAW TRACK, 3/4 LUG, IT HAS 1.25 INCH PICKS. NOT A GOOD IDEA, WENT FOR A LITTLE RIDE NOW I HAVE SCRAPE MARKS DOWN MY RADIATOR. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE ON A SLED. PICKS SUCK!!! i hate them, never getting them again.
You got to make sure stuff will fit, you can't just throw it on and hope it will[Disappointed]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep make sure they fit before you rip! after my sled slid out from under me when i hit the lake going 50 mph and it almost flip over on me-ILL NEVER RIDE WITHOUT PICKS AGAIN!!! if you dont come across ice where you ride then you dont need them- not to mention if you have a 3/4 lug track theres no reason to have 1.25 studs? go with 1 inch studs and i would change the plastic protector dealies(what ever there called)for the heatexchanger mine had 1/2 ones and i replaced w/ ones that are 1 1/8 so theres no way to hit my heat exchangers....but yea that sucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts