Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next year unfortuantly i am goin to have to buy a new track[V] and i was wondering should i get it studded or not i own a yamaha exciter 570 and it make about 90 horse i think or around that if i do stud it how many would u recomend and what kind of pattern more in the middle more on the out side or a V pattern i mostly ride in open fields and some times on the trails and what height track and stud do i need i think a 1 inch track but i dont no much about the track and stud topic any replies would be greatly apperciated thanks[?]

·
Registered
412 Posts
As far as whether or not to stud, read this thread:http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4709

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you want to stud it for a safety issue thats one good reason, i would not get more than 96 in it. two alternating down the middle.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd go with a .9 or 1" track with 96 studs in either the trail or aggressive pattern up the center belt. Will make a HUGE difference in that sled.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a Kimpex track that had the stud holes from the manufacturer. It was only a few bucks more and well worth it if you decide later on that you want to stud it.

Studs are big bucks.

If you likesliding the ass end out of a turn then don't stud. This is just my opinion but I like studs not matter what.

KB

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you just stud the center belt, you'll still get some slide out on the corners. Hardly any if you stud the outer belts, but not quite as much if you don't stud at all.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
IMO If you get a new track you should ride it for a couple hundred miles before studding. I have seen people stud new tracks and then tear out a few the first time out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If i were you i would save the money and just buy a 3/4 or a 7/8 bed. If you buy a 1 inch then you will have to buy 1inch or more studs plus backers just to get the right penetration. If youy use t-nut studs then you will have to buy even longer ones. When studs get so long they tend to "lay down". A good setup for your machine is a 3/4 inch track with 96 to 120 .875 studs with .230 backers. And yes use the 96 stud "v" pattern. Good luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts