Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to stud my '03 XC but i have been hearing two things about studding a new track. First, they say to break the track in, get some miles on it first. Second, you don't need break in on the new track before studding it that it won't make a difference. Could somebody please give me some advice on the right way to go about this. Thanks !

2003 XC 600
" Ride The Best "

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't know for a fact but I do know a track isn't really broken in until quite a few miles of riding. I would say stud right away and it doesn't matter. I know many people who stud tracks brand new with no problem of any kind. Heck they sell tracks that are pre-drilled for studs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would say to break it in for somewhere around 100 miles. If you have ever had a new sled or a new track, did you notice that you had to adjust track tension within the first 100 to 200 miles, but after that you didn't have to very much. I guess I would let the the cords and rubber stretch a little befor studding it. But I guess I know a lot of people who have studded brand new tracks and not had a problem, but better safe than sorry. Besides how long does it take to put on 100 miles.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
with a winter like last....A LONG TIME...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts