Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont really know much about sleds..but i bought a new one..i wanna stud the track..how manny studds should i put in ..some tell me 96 others tell me 196 ..i dont know..thanks for your help..johnny

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The number of studs directly correlates with the amount of horsepower the sled has. I'd say on average 196 for a 700 cc and above, 144 is good for a 600 cc engine, 96 is about average for a 500 cc engine. Of course there are many variences and it also depends on the pattern you want to use and wether or not you want to stud the outside of the track or not. Many guys will only stud the center of the track, while others stud the center and the outside belts. Let us know what sled its going on and we can help a little more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just bought a 2004 mxz rev 600.ho..i dont know much about sleds..i only had one other sled before this..and it was a old polaris 440 ss..

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I would say that 144 studs would be correct. You may be able to get away with having 96 in the center belt, but i would shoot for 144. You could arrange them so they are all down the middle or so they cover the entire track. You can follow this link to the tutorial i wrote up on how to stud, and also see the pattern i chose.

http://www.polarisfiles.com/snowmobile/tutorials/howtostud/howtostud1.asp

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I put 144 in my 600 cc sled. v pattern in middle with one stud every other paddle on the outside. No pull throughs or bends yet, with a couple thousand miles or so on them.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I would use 120, that's what I have on my 600, the rule is 1 per HP so 120 is about right.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not owned a skidoo in a while.. heard there were issues studding the rev..
Talk to you dealer a bud with a similar ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts