Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im going to stud my 96 formula ss, there are lower price studs and fairley expencive ones. I am thinking .875, 5/16 thread and 1" base with plastic backers. Stainless??[?] The studboy, woodys and fast trac all sell them but ther is a huge price dif. What do you think???

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put 8000 miles on fast-trak 80degree stainless carbide studs. I dont know of any stud that has lasted as long and I only had about 25% with worn/broken tips. I ride in Central Ontario and theres lots of rock.

Stainless doesnt rust and the fast-trak have silver soldered tips. I am not sure if the woodys or studmans are.

All stainless studs are pretty much the same price. Around the 2 dollar Canadian (1.50 us) price and another 40 cents for the washers. I have never used the plastic washers so I can comment, but I swear by the aluminum ones. Also the bigger the Head on the stud the better. Look for 1 inch heads. Cheaper studs are 7/8.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your not alone with good luck using fast-trak studs. I also ride in central ontario area. The snowmobile show is this weekend in Toronto, I think Ill pick up the studs at the show, with any luck there will be some deals!! Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have been running Studman Stainless for the past couple seasons. Absolutely no problems, haven't lost one yet. I am using round aluminum backers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts