Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the end of this season i would like to stud my sled. its a 98 sx 700 triple. how many? what pattern?

·
Registered
528 Posts
It depends on how you ride, but probably around 120. You could probably go with studding the center belt only. What kind of track do you have on it now, is it the stock track?

You will need tunnel and front heat exchanger protectors, I have both that I took off a 99 600, I'd sell them for a reasonable price plus shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i use 120 studs what pattern should i follow? how much are you asking for your tunnel protectors chuck?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
id say 96 with double backer power towers down the middle. how bgi are the lugs on your track?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the track on my sled is a 3/4 inch lug pre-drilled kimpex track. (its new had about 25 miles on it.)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Where is your track pre punched.....those would be the best to use.

I'll post a photo of the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors if you are interested, probably $40 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I run 192 in my XTC and it works really well, hooks up really nicely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of job is it to put tunnel protectors on a snowmobile? My sled is a 98 sx 700.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
neal i'd say 120 i heard on here run 1 stud per hp.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Originally posted by neal
[br]What kind of job is it to put tunnel protectors on a snowmobile? My sled is a 98 sx 700.
Front heat exchanger protectors - drill 4 holes and rivet (be careful not to drill the heat exchanger)

Tunnel protectors - remove the seat and gas tank, drill and rivet.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If your sled pulls as hard as mine I would say at least 144, aything less will be inefficient.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea I'd say 144. I'm going to have to stud my sx also. Previous track had 144 but when i bought it, it was missing three windows in a row [:0] There was no way I was going to ride it like that so I put some new rubber on her. After riding it for a year, some close calls, I think its time to do it. Doing a 360 on a lake on glare ice by accident while doing 50 mph, isn't as fun as it sounds. Lucky I didn't flip her or I would of been pretty upset. Tunnel protectors are pretty easy to put in. Like what was said, you drill 4 holes, and rivot them in. CAREFULLY ! don't drill through the heat exchanger. Its happened before. IF you know someone who can weld aluminum, you're okay. I don't know about your sx, but mine will run with the SRX's, and without pics it doesn't hook up the best thats for sure.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i put about 1.5 studs per hp i would say a 144

1 - 15 of 15 Posts