Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the dealer should refund a broken cheap product, I put about 30 miles on some carbide tip studs and blew about 15 of the tips out, and I was driving like a little kid.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
that sucks but it happens. What brand studs were they? You shouldn't really scimp(sp??) on studs one of those you should buy quality products. But you shouldn't waste your money if they are like 3 times the price of some other cause well lets face it, they all break and wear out.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are X-Kaber 1 inch head, 5/16 thread, and 1.39 can. funds a piece.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
carbides usually last 2 or 3 seasons with mild riding I think. My dad and all the guys I ride with chew studs up but we race a lot so constantly launching and spinning the track.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In normal riding conditions they should last a lot longer than that, I think you are talking about steel studs, or carbide runners.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya it's different, my dad alway's relplaces his studs a lot less than I do, so I it depends on how you drive.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey zrt, where are you riden. We don't have enough snow yet, or are you just ripin up and down Mud lake? Take the studs back if you still have your bill.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went up to Matagami River, about half an hour past Gogama. The lake is frozen right across, I don't think it's a good idea to cross it yet, but we wen't in the back way through Gassy Lake Road, down by 3 bears lodge, past Shining Tree, and West Tree.
(there is enough snow in the Valley, well there was last weekend, there was about 2 inches of ice under the snow, you don't hit rocks to often)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy gave us 30 new ones to replace the ones I blew out, I only blew out 14, so I have spares for when I actually ride over 80 MPH.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well that's cool, at least the guy hooked you up with some freebies.. I know I would have taken back too. 30 miles sounds pretty quick to be messing stuff up like that with actual snow on the ground.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya, he said they will only blow out within the about the first 30-40 miles, he told me that some of them are defective, and he told me if I blow any more this winter just to bring them back, and he will replace them free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts