Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I like Woody's megebytes. They hook up well and have great durability.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Chisels are good for ice. You want a carbide tipped for durability and long wear.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have never done double only single.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
id have to say woodys

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
accord racing. I can sell woodies as a dealer. but I would still stear you towards accord racing studs. the warthog series is about the strongest most abuse taking stud out there. have put it on several sno cross sleds and ran them in real poor trail conditions. even broke some. sent them in and got new ones back. they only broke since we were on thin snow trails spinning over rockes and stumps.

studded with double backers is a good idea.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes Accord has a better warranty. 2 year no bend/no break. Toughest studs on the market.
Woody's warranty is lame.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you think they have accord racing studs at dealers. someone one said on a yamaha all you have to do is take the snow flap off and you can slide the tunnel protectors in is this true?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you have to take the seat off on most sleds to install the rivets. but yes. take the flap off and the seat off and drill some hole and rivet them on.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i would say woody's also, but i would definatlely go with the double backers. since i've been using them i've never had any pull through.

·
Registered
105 Posts
with a nytro u probably will need 144 studs and i find that double backers work well and when u stud the sled u probably will need to replace the runners with longer ones so your sled dosnet under steer but to large of a runner will over steer. U wnat carbide tipped studs to last longer than steel razor sharp ice studs because the carbide is hardend heat treated steel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeh im so used to calling them carbides but yeh i was going to replace them with dual runners to see if the work better.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I run Accord Double Down Dual runners and I love 'em. It's nice to make your own lines on the trails, instead of tracking everyone else's. (They are actually spaced apart a little more than most other dual runners, so you're not tracking in other dooleys either.) I really like 'em, ran all last year (2500 miles) with 'em. They are pretty durable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts