Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between an STX 440 and an SRX 440? Just got my friends '76 STX to work on, was sitting in a barn for a couple years - in decent shape but needs a good cleaning.

Noticed there seems to be more parts available for the SRX, but wasn't sure how or what the difference would be?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, I am reaching way back in my memory here, but the srx was a liquid twin carb. The stx was a single carbed fan motor. I am in the process of restoring an ol 77 stx (lots of sentimental value). There do not seem to be a lot of stx around for parts. remember though that the stx had the 433ss engine in it which was very similar to the 433s engine so alot of parts are interchangable. Body style wise you should be the same till about the 81 exciter or the stx. Hood is different on the srx to make room for the rad. Another important point is that the yamaha ss440 is a different beast all together so you can not scam parts from one of them. Congrats on the find those machines are real nice and extremely quick when tuned right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts