Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this sled this summer and i did try it last winter and I know it went about 150 km/h This year i can only get 125 km/h out of it.
Yes i cleaned the clutches and serviced them, put on a new belt and checked all bearings and track tension And ski alignment. The motor works excellent,although it may be turning a little fast at 8100rpm.
All ideas appreciated thanks Rodmax.

SKI DOO all the way there AND back

·
Registered
13 Posts
In reply to the STX to speed. I used to have one and it would run 95 to 100 mph when the clutches were set right. You are over speeding the engine, I believe maximum torque is about 7800 rpm. With stock 23-44 gearing and the clutch in overdrive @ .83 and 7800 rpm it will run 105 mph ( about 165 , 170 K,s). Mark your clutch with a felt marker and see if it is shifting up all of the way in overdrive. Turn the clickers from position no. 3 (should be stock position) to no. 1 and this will reduce your rpm by 200 rpm,s. each click. Sounds like the clutch is your problem, If this doesn't do it you'll have to check the freeness of the arms in the clutch, also could install heaver pin,s in the arms(ski-Doo dealer should have these in stock). Good look and will be watching for your responce.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Smith, I did just thst yerterday(put a marker on my TRA) and it is not opening fully the mark is still on the outside 3/4 inch....What should i do next?
Last season this sled did 100mph and this year no better than 85 and that was on ice. Still too high on the tach I have gone down 1 in the clickers to #2 and still turn 8000-8100 rpm...

SKI DOO all the way there AND back

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi; If you did not gain much in shift out of the clutch by moving the clickers you could try the no 1 pos. Probably the bushings that the clutch slides in and out have got some crud on them. Clean with something like brake clean and try to work the sheaves back and fort as much as you can while wet with cleaner. Do the same to the big bushing on the back of the secondary. Will check back tomorow night to see if this helps. Smith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts