Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
building a sub box from medium density fiber board (mfd) about 3/4 around and each subs have their own air space it is not shared, the outer two holes are 12 in then the center is 15 inch

Sub Box 1

Sub Box 2

Sub box 3

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Sub box 1! What are they going in?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
15 inch olm2415 powered by this amp BRZ2400.1D

two 12 inch HFI 12d4 powered by this amp Sony xm xr604

think i should sell the sony amp and buy a better one?

and how you cut the circle in 3/4 mdf? like i want perfect 15 inch circles and two 12 circles

·
Registered
873 Posts
^^^In all the boxes I've built, I've just traced the template that should come with the subwoofers then cut it out with a jig saw. It doesnt make a PERFECT circle but its close enough as long as you're not way off. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT! cut a 15" hole for the 15 and two 12" holes for the 12s. You will have no wood to skrew the subs to. There should be a template that comes with the subs that you can trace out. Good luck!

Chad

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
polarisIQmn said:
^^^In all the boxes I've built, I've just traced the template that should come with the subwoofers then cut it out with a jig saw. It doesnt make a PERFECT circle but its close enough as long as you're not way off. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT! cut a 15" hole for the 15 and two 12" holes for the 12s. You will have no wood to skrew the subs to. There should be a template that comes with the subs that you can trace out. Good luck!

Chad
true is it like carboard right?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep it should be perforated so you just punch it/tear it out of one of the sides of the box that the sub comes in.

Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts