Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this girl in my class is gettin subs for her car, she said she is gettin a 15 and 2 12s....pointless or no? and this is sposed to fit in a sunfire.....

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
if she is going with three subs tell her to get 3 12's the 15 will would be pointless and would the 12's sound like ass.besides 3 12's in a nize ported box would KILL the 2 12's and the 15. im in the middle of designing a 5.5ft^3 per chamber ported box for 4 12's in my neon. taking out the back seat and building a wall. if she wants alot of bass she better have the right box built and have loads of power to push the subs im gonna have around 1000 watts per coil on my subs 2 amps per sub. Besides the box for the 15 would have to be HUGE to sound decent. Just my two cents and im sure Erick can back me up on it

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
529 Posts
tell her to save some money and just get the 12's. I am going with three 8's. I am past the point of the loud thunderous bass dayz. now i just want pure clean tight sound.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Heck with the 3 12's. I'd say if it is a small car, get a single 12 or a single 15, but make sure it s a good sub like Digital Designs, Blueprint, Shocker, Treo, or some brand of sub they use in db drags and such, a real high quality one. Get a lot of power for it also, I mean lots. 1000 wattts just don't cut t these days. In the right ported enclosure, a single sub would kill any of the options she was thinking about. Spend the money on a good sub and amp, build the box right, and you will have a nice, hard pounding system.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That's what i did. Just one 12" set up strongly. Does the job very well. More than enough for me.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well i guess different strokes for different folks. for me the louder the better. but then again im also setting my car up for DB Drag Racing as well as daily Driving.

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the first thing i told her was "that is pointless to mix ur sizes of subs up"....i dont really care what she gets, shes stupid anyway.....lol

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts