Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer pickup has been non functional since I got the sled due to a broken key. who ever owned this sled previously blew the shaft bearing which broke the key. They apparantly changed the bearing with out cleaning up the pick up housing. the bearing chunks banging around in there beat and mangled the pickup and stub till it apeared to be one piece of metal. I have tried 5 times in three years to pick the broken key stub out with no success. I had given up and drove 35 miles to the dealer to buy a new one, only to find out he was out of stock and was not sure when the next shipment would be in. So, while sitting on hold waiting for overseas customer support for one of the kids blasted computer aided toys that would not work, I sat picking with a dental pick to pry out a strand of wire, then pulling on it with pliars till it broke, swearing and repeating. customer support picked up after an hour and 14 minutes, and I gave one last tug AND OUT IT CAME!!!!!!! I could not believe it. Part salvaged, Money saved. Customer support how ever Told me they don't know why their product is not functioning and that I should email their customer support. ( for the fourth time since christmas)

Happy New year everybody.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I had one round off inside the driveshaft before. It would just spin around....I put the key in and tack welded it...worked for 3000 miles until I sold it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rich1374670x said:
The bearing carrier, speedometer gear housing
Its all back together, but im gonna monkey with my secondary clutch, so If I get Time Ill pull the speedo pick up and snap a picture from the inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts