Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive fiannally made my desisiocn oon what im going to do with my 2001 polaris xc 600. id like to know what u guys think.

starting product/ 2001 polaris xc 600, 4765 miles, good shape.
Amount of money to spend/ $3500 give or take.
list/complete motor rebuild,$1400
ripsaw track,$550
clutch kits,$200
gearing,$120
mbrp race can,$250
bar risers,$150
protaper bars, already got
handgaurds,$100
slp high flow air box,$50
sliders,$50
wheel/bearings$50
[email protected] skis,$150
other, strip all decals,minor suspension mods. all prces listed are just guess. this will all hapen over the spring summer time becasue im still riding now.
total,about $3070
i would like to get everybodies input. dont just reply get a artic cat.etc

·
Registered
448 Posts
thats quite the list you have there, here are some links to sled with trail cans you might want to go that route i think they sound pretty nice!mbrp trail can
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=13788&user=14558
slp pipe and can
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=13068&user=5919
you should call tracks canada for your track!
http://www.trackscanada.net/
there is royal distributing that has cheaper parts.
http://www.royaldistributing.com/
should save you some cash, that you can spend on some more stuff!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yeah instead of buying everything new y not just buy nice used stuff for 100 less?

·
Registered
586 Posts
check ebay for your track ... and $1400 to rebuild the motor ... you can get it honed or bored for like $40 and its $200 for a set of wiseco's ... half the stuff on ur list you could get off ebay for cheaper ... specially since you got the time ... just keep scannin it and watch! save some mooola

·
Registered
577 Posts
cheaper to buy a sled someone has already done up...
or...
buy a newer ProX 700, like an '04... comes with all that stuff with the extra 20hp.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by brnr17
[br]check ebay for your track ... and $1400 to rebuild the motor ... you can get it honed or bored for like $40 and its $200 for a set of wiseco's ... half the stuff on ur list you could get off ebay for cheaper ... specially since you got the time ... just keep scannin it and watch! save some mooola
what exacly are us supose ot do for nicasile??? adn he isgeitng hte cranked re done everything.

·
Registered
160 Posts
660 big bore

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
How do you figure $1400 for a motor rebuild? if nothing is wrong with it you can rebuild the topend for a lot less. I see a lot of people buying c&a ski's when really there are a lot better trail ski's out there. With all the money you are prepared to invest you might as well sell your sled and buy a newer one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thats a lot of money to dump into a '01. If i was u i would sell it and take that money + that $3k and get something newer and better.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya agreed...with all that money put in sell your sled and with the totaled money you have 3500 +/- and the money from your sold sled you could get a nice prox or x2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was thinking that but i would really like to do my sled. 1400 for a rebuild is about right. its around 400for crank. than pistons bearnigs. gaskets and everthing maybe cheeper but tahts waht in guessing.
ive dcided not to do the airbox and get a 1.5 intense track.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i think that you should just buy a newer sled, sell your 01 and whatever you get out of that and plus 3500 you could buy a newer 700, 800, or 900 sled

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont know, i might buy this 2001 poalris xc sp ev 700. its got everything i want already and its my buddies. but i dont know what i wnat to do yet. im going to sell my predator for the money.and i will keep the 600 for my mom to ride/buy off me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts