Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha EX570, I started it to show a friend then i pushed the stop button to shut it down. I went to go start it another time but now there is no spark. Why and what would have caused this? It was working fine. All of a sudden there was no spark for either plug, i even changed the plugs and still nothing. [?][?]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you pull the button back out? It is most likely a problem with the kill switch. May want replace the kill switch.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Yep^^^

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Same thing happened to me. We discovered that it was the CDI box. You may want to check that if the suggestions above do not work[:D]

CDI charges up a large capacitor to several hundred volts, and dumps the charge into the coil at firing time. It gives it a hotter spark. No spark = CDI OR COIL[;)] Most of the time

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
To find out more on this check out this old post. It may help, it is electrical related.[:)] TriumphoverU explains this very good as always.[:D]

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2898

·
Registered
313 Posts
On some older Yamahas there is also a cutoff switch in the carb that can cause the same thing. My brotherinlaw did the same thing - started it shut it off, tried to restart - no spark, after ripping half his sled apart he finally took it to the dealer, it was athe cutoff in the carb(fixed in 1 hour - or at least that's what they charged)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts