Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna get a new (to me) sled thiss summer cause i wrecked mine up this winter.
Her's what there is. 1995 zr580, this sled has a dg full exhaust,clutch kit, different gears, 650 big bore kit, mildly milt with.led heads,porting and the crank is welded so it will handle 9000 rpms.The guy was a machinest so he knows what he's doing. I also know where a 95 xlt and xcr 600 triple are. both in good shape. And last but not least a 1998 polaris xcr 440. It has the exhaust valves. i almost bought this sled along time ago but sided against it. So what does everyone think i will be happiest with? Reliability of the machine isn't really an issue i just want the best performer. The 580 loosest to me. I think i can get it for about 2000$ canadien.??????????????????????

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
id have to say the xlt or xcr 440

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was also thinking the xcr 440. I did however side against the xlt. I geuss they just don't appeal to me very weel. There isn't nothing wrong with them it's just that there is alot of them around my area. I ams still thinking hard on the zr 580. just because my friend has a zl 600 and he brags alot so i want to be able to whoop his ass. I would like something that not alot of people have. I just pealed my sled apart today and took off all of my performance clutch parts , weights, primary spring, sec spring and cam. I took off my windshield and brand new ultimax belt. I decided today to let her go. Now i nave to side on one of these four sleds above.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dont chance the 580 too much to go wrong. Don 't get me wrong the 580 is a nice sled I have a'96 580 but the suspension sucks til aroud '97

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
to bad you hadnt hit this topic up earlier.....i just traded in my 97 zr580 efi and picked up a new sled.....02 zr600 cross country efi......i was willing to sell for 1900 (american)......it had nothing wrong on it other than a small rip on the back side of the seat that was professionally patched up....i would have rather sold it and got my rebate for my new sled!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from what p-man telss me the xcr 440 is a good sled and i think i will try o get it. Theres a guy at m dealer that has a 98 xcr 440(wifes sled) and a 95 zr 580. He said the polaris beats it all the way up to 80 mph.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ve got an indy 400 and an xcr 440 beats mine by about 3 and a half lengths lengths and mine is in 660 feet 7-8 lengths off of my dads 02 Viper

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Go with the 440!Great sleds....nice power in all the rpms. Great for jumping too. Unless u plan on drag racing,go with the 440.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i don't plan on drag racing but the sad thing is the 440 sold. the only sled left is a 95 xlt special. Theres also a 99 zr500 in my area for 2000$ canadien.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you really want to get a fast sled for a cheap price get aan Indy storm , They would kick the crap out of all of the sleds youve mentioned ( if you can find one ) .

·
Registered
699 Posts
try to get the zr 500 thats around you the zr's are really nice kick a$$ sleds ton of power. and by the way the 460th post for me only 40 more and i become average or junior...hmm i think its average

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i will get the zr 580. And as for the indy storm that indy400 boy was telling me to buy, THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!! I was never impressed by those sleds, there were three or four of them in my area and i think the longest that one of them lasted was about 3000 miles. As for the zr 580, I just recieved the lowdown on it. I was wrong about the dg pipe, it has twin pipes, plus the heads are milled as far as they'll go, it is ported almost as far as they will go, welded crank, 650 wiseco big bore kit, platics skies, hood screens, studded, new track, and clutched. Sounds like a good deal to me so i think i will buy it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts