Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 yamaha exciter 570 and I am wondering is it unusual for them not to start in the summer im thinking because of the jetting or what I just want to start to start it I miss the smell and the noise badly (sled fever I guess [sick]) so let me know what i could do to get them going.
thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I think for some. I know my 97 440 fan HATES starting in the warm weather. Takes forever to start

·
Registered
368 Posts
sleds go pig rich in hotter temps and over-fuel. assuming you summerized your sled properly and dont have any plugged jetting/dirty carb issues, it will fire. the exiters are a "pull till your guts hurt" off season start, but a little premixed fuel in the cylinders as a prime reduces pulling effort.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Fans HATE the warm weather, even when being just started for a few seconds.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea ill try a little in premix in cylenders and its a liquid cool so it dosnt have the snow to cool it so is it alright to run it for a bit?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yea, you will be fine for a little while, I usually limit myself to around a minute or so. A little starter fluid in airbox will fire it right up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
prop up the back getting the track off the ground. track lift works good or if you dont have one i use milk crates. run the garden hose at the hyfax and heat exchangers and let that thing come to temp.not at idle, but a few cycles engaging/disengaging the clutch. it wont take a few seconds to figure out how much water is enough, if you know what i mean. one of my biggest peaves is people that dont let sleds come to temp, summer or riding season. its just bad to create unnessary moisture in the motor by not letting it cycle to operating temp. as for me, i would never, ever, use starting fluid on a 2 stroke, but thats just me. i dont have the funds to replaced unneccessarily damaged parts, hence the pre-mix in the cylinder. up to 50-1 for those that were wondering. most weedeaters and chainsaws require 32 or 40-1, and thats a safe bet for priming.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Good to know I probally would of used starting fluid if you wouldnt of warned me well i stick with the pre mix and we will see what happens.
Thanks for advice everyone

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I always give my sled a couple shotts of starting fluid into the airbox while holding the throttle wide open. then let the throttle go and she will start on 1 pull.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She runs like a top but it took about ten pulls and a huge back fire but runs good now thanks a lot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts