Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to put the sleds into hibernation and get those dirt toys out. We are planning a ride at Nemadji state forest ( 30 miles south of duluth Mn.)on June 23 & 24.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/nemadji/index.html
Camping info: (218)485-5410.
Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
All OHM/ATVs must have a state trail permit. It costs $38.50andcan be found at any license bureau.

Discussion can begin on page 4. LETS RIDE!!!

Note: We will not be held responsible for you. Snowmobilefanatics.com is in no way associated with this event.

·
Registered
486 Posts
kinda like trikes fest that threewheelerworld has that would be sweat

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Now were talking,,Just name a time and place!!There's plenty of riding I do around here,such as trail and the pit's,,,but if youz is talking OHV parks,,"Gilbert" Mn. Also I have access to acres an acres of state land,logging roads,rivers,creeks,MUDD,and a few pits,powerlines and pipelines,directly from my house. I thought it could be fun to camp at the cloquet river,(I know a beauty spot) do some rippin and some fishing,plus I live only 4mi.away.[8D]

*Just thought of somthing,[:0] Being's my yard is useally full of bikes and Quads in the summer,We could get together and have a timed scramble or Enduro run from my place. I could go and map out a 50mi course with check points and fuel stops and such,,every rider gets a map and even a prize for the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners.[?]Just a thought.[;)]

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I would be intrested in a ride this summer. Let's get some options together.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like phazerboy's idea about the harescramble. It doesnt work very well to have quads and dirt bikes in the same trip though since most of the state trails are one or the other not dual purpose.

It would be fun to go to a track somewhere or a really big compound with lots of random jumps and other playful delights :).
Although most people don't have the area to build or use something like this. But if you do I build tracks as a hobby and can build a pretty mean track with a bobcat and some small payment but I'd have to find a truck to buy and a new bike would be nice...."sigh"....warm weather is upon us.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by pigboy
[br]Easy. Nemadji State Forest. Trails are nice and campground right there.
I wanted to do that one last year. my candy ass freinds backed out on me(nothing new)at the last minute. It's in the same general area as st.croix state forest(Hinckley), so how does it compare? I like the campground feature.

Phazerboy: That sounds like fun, I love a good hare scramble!! The only problem would be with the quad owners getting OWNED time and again!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
well well, looks like i stumbled on a good thread :).

i'd be down for a ride in gilbert :), also around here we could hold a nice harescramble, except that my yz doesn't do to well on fuel :p

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
okay let's get some idea's together.

where's the Nemadjii state forest? toward bemidji?

probably some min requirements to consider

1.)Camp space, where we going to put everyone
2.) Gas, i dunno about you but on this stock yz tank i can get maybe 2-3 hours of ride time in.
3.) rideable area, i'm not one that likes to retrace his steps.
4.) what's everyone ride anyways? mine is a 2000 yamaha yz250
5.) what's everyone like to ride?

okay here's what i got.

trip 1
Date: i'm open for suggestions
Camp space: i live 3 miles north of nashwauk, they have a small camp ground on the north end of town, i believe 8 RV spots and a seperate tenting area. i can hold up to 4 at my house if needed.
Gas: gas stations in nashwauk, pengilly, Hibbing, and surrounding area's all sell 91 non oxy gas.
Rideable area's: so long as you have fuel i can find ya fun :)

here's a couple pics from last year
First off we have the hill we call oxide. see if anyone has the kahuns to climb it

next we have a pit area that you can catch some pretty good air on

we also have a bunch of rideable trails, and plenty of gas and rest stops, there is a small track, but if anyone wants to hit a real motocross track we could head toward duluth. believe it's $30 for a day?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[attachment=37008]
^^I ride this^^. yz 125. Unfortunately I have to run 50/50 mix race fuel and 92, plus it's pre mix. I have to pack in my own gas, so gas station stops are out of the question for me. I've been looking for a way to carry extra gas with me. the only thing that seams to be out there is camelback backpacks with the liquid bladder. I don't feel safe carrying 3 gallons of gas on my back. I can get MAYBE 4 hours out of a tank if I take it easy (yeah right).

I'm not scared of driving up north, but somewhere in the east central part of the state might seem more appealing to the city boys and wisconsin riders. We'll see.
Keep it comming fellas. where should we go?

I'm thinking around mid may-early june. That way if we have a hella good time we could plan another one before the thoughts turn back to sleds!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Butcher;They make a thing called a "thirsty plate",It's a number plate that mounts on the forks and holds a little over a litre of fuel. I have a bit of a bummer about fuel too,I run a 70 to 1 pre-mix and only hold 1.8 litre's,,,good for about 18-25mi.tops. You guy's talking,, wide open terrain,wide open throttle?????[V] Here's how I roll.

[attachment=64042]

[attachment=64043]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
hey butcher maybe we could hit up danbury wisconsin... i know a few good spots, all sandy trails lot's of fun

·
Registered
324 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to have someone along who can haul broken equipment back. Polaris rangers are exellent recovery vehicles as are yamaha rhinos. Or else we just stick to a place that isn't too far out in the boonies.

If you like to travel a pretty good distance there are some awesome trails down in the winona area a little north and east of rochester along the river. I think it's labeled as the Richard Doer memorial forest or something along those lines.

You may want to look at the sound restrictions for a public place. They are really cracking down on loud bikes. Also spark arrestors are required.

If one of ya'll have some good open areas I know how to build a track or just random jumps with a skidloader.
[attachment=64147]

[attachment=64148]

Currently I roll around on a 2001 YZ125, but depending on if I buy a truck I'm looking for a crf/yzf 250 and would have that instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Originally posted by speed_demon_14
[br]I ride a 1998 suzuki king quad 500, so i like to hit more mud or technical type trails. I dont appreciate riding open trails all day at all.
boy do i have a spot for you haha [:D]

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nemadji Looks to be the best place, 100 miles of trail with a campground. I'm thinking sometime on or around memorial weekend.
Anyone agree?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Anybody been there latly??I know alot of things change in a year such as rules, regulations, terrain,?? I've never been there and the DNR site dosen't look like it's been updated since 04. Had such a bummer last yr.up at the Gilbert OHV park,used to be you could get a daily permit to ride,,Then out of the blue it all changed. We went up last yr.and argued with the DNR cause the website didn't update the info.When we got there they wanted $80 for a 3yr. sticker,witch was fine,,but I couldn't justify paying that for a day's riding.[:(!]We argued, stating were only wanted to ride there that day,but to no avail.[V] I'd just like a little more info before I commit,,Is it all wide open?,Flat?,Hilly,Rocky?? By Hinkley????????

1 - 20 of 302 Posts