Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
haha i didn't know that was twig.. i drive by it when i go down to duluth all the time. can someone say carpool for the ride down? haha

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
okay, so this snow kinda stalled all my thoughts of getting out on my bike soon.. why can't mother nature just give us what we want? save this snow for next winter :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Originally posted by MX86
[br]okay, so this snow kinda stalled all my thoughts of getting out on my bike soon.. why can't mother nature just give us what we want? save this snow for next winter :)
Or,,,,,,,trailor your sled down here and let's rip it up!!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We'll get something together sooner or later. This cold snap kinda put a damper on the drying process.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
i've been ripping it through the yard. was down in duluth on wednesday, wasn't a whole lot to work with for a long track :p, definatly have to have a get together at general there butcher boy ;) i'll bring the 250 and my buddy with his 02 125 :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
^^^Not real sure about the 13th or 14th. I may have to suspend that trip for a little while. I still haven't got my bike broke in yet. The weather has not been cooperating with me.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I was talking with my older Bro' about this. He works with a guy that live right there and say's CC Andrews has changed it's rule's
due to all the mis-haps created by,what they call "cityiots",,
closing alot of the property off and having atv only! no more bikes.[V] He said it's gotten so bad there that the locals won't even ride there anymore. Might have to check out Nemaji by Holyoke,I hear they have designated trail for bikes,no atv.
Sounds like it's getting bad everywhere,,There's alway's Gilbert ohv park for a get together,but I would want to spend more than a few hr's riding. I do know of a few around me. Cloquet has a spot in the East end that's an old R/R line with the tracks removed where everyone go's now,It's like a 5-8mi.straight with some trail hear an there till yah get to the pit's then it's a freakin free for all! We hit the Scanlon pit's on Sunday's when it's closed,
those pit's are monsterous,like 4 levels,,I grew up riding out there
and I still find new areas.[^]

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
i'd be down for gilbert anytime :)

also i wanna make it down to Brookston and ride the Echo valley MX park :)[:p]

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
[br]just checked the DNR website and no word of it being closed to bikes....
I'm taking his word on it, Those website's havn't updated in years,,,If and when your coming down to Brookston let me know,,I'm real close and go there alot (to watch) they've changed alot too and raised $$$ a bit.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
it's like $25 to practice and a $10 membership fee for wednesdy practices.. then the ama and district 23 membership is crazy expensive.. i dunno if i wanna renue it for this year.. we'll see tho, be fun to race again :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
[br]it's like $25 to practice and a $10 membership fee for wednesdy practices.. then the ama and district 23 membership is crazy expensive.. i dunno if i wanna renue it for this year.. we'll see tho, be fun to race again :)
Agree! Membership fee's are going up every year,and place's to ride are going down,[:(!][V] Not sure but AMA is like $55 and Dis.23's like $30. Reading the OHV rule book and discovered (new to me) you "HAVE" to have a reg. sticker,the $38,3yr.one,,even if your operating on your own private property!![:0][B)]

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
ama full membership is 65 plus 40 or something like that for district 23 multi class, or 25 for a single class.. plus numbers for bike and gear. and Minnesota Registration.. my bikes covered through 09 so.. yeah it aint cheap anymore. i remember when i first started racing it was like 25 for ama membership and like 5 bucks a class for district 23..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I hope they don't close c.c. andrews off to bikes. WTF? 1 quad will do more damage than 10 bikes ever will.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
In mud a bike may do a little irrigation, but it still isn't half as bad as a heavy ass 4wd quad.
I'll have to search around and find out whats really going on up there.
Oh, I plan on going to grantsburg for the motocross race on Sunday(weather permitting). Anyone else going?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
According to my district 23 schedule, grantsburg opened April 1st. The next race there is on may 13th.

41 - 60 of 302 Posts