Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California, and it looks like I'll be summerizing my 2 sleds soon. What should I do? I'm not a mechanic, but am not stupid either, so is there anything else I should do besides fog the engines, stabilize the gass??? Also, I can't reach the carb intakes easily (polaris touring models) for the fogging oil, so can I just spray a ton down the spark plug holes and crank it over without the plugs in, or should I do more than that? If so, what's the easiest way to get the fogging oil in there? Anything else you can think of would be appreciated. Thanks, JH
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I use an airisal can fog, and start the sled and spray the fog into the air intake untill the sled stalls...

·
Registered
749 Posts
i don't even fog mine. i start it probobly every week and a half to two weeks. All i do is set it up on a track stand and ski stand. I'm might not even half to do any of ths this summer cause i might sell her.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I take off the airbox and fog the carbs through the intakes. Then I drain the fuel from the bowls by pulling the drain plugs from each carb. With the airbox off I can get to the sterring linkage zerk fitting and grease everything. Then I might spray silicon all over the aluminum to protect from oxidation. Put the airbox back on. Spray fogging oil down spark plug holes and pull over 2 to 3 revs by hand. Engine is done for winter. Stabilize the fuel tank before you run the engine for the last time. Grease all fittings. Loosen all coil and torsion springs completely. Jackup front and rear of sled. Wash and wax outside. Spray WD40 on exhaust and exhaust springs. Coat clutch sheaves with silicone or the like. Cover sled.

In winter, use brake cleaner to remove silicone from clutch sheaves and clean sheaves with steel wool to remove rubber. Siphon out old fuel and put in your car or truck. Put new fuel in sled and run it like it was stolen.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'm not so sure about the silicone and brake clean on the clutch sheaves, a bit too corosive. i'd leave 'em dry......

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't fog mine I start it every couple of weeks, but I do fog my dads Indy Classic 500, you can either putt the air box out, and spray the foging oil in the carbs, or get a hose that can connect to the carbs, it has to split like a slingshot, hook it up to the carbs, and spray it into the single end, the sled will do the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts