Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 670 Summit to 98 670HO conversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story made short...

I bought a 1996 summit and the motor is toast. I then had a rebuild put together from a builder in WY. Misscommunication led to me receiving a 98 or 99 670HO motor.

What do I need to do to get this running dependably?

So far I know these differences:

1) HO has different timing. Different wiring connections to CDI. Assume I need the 1998 CDI.

2) Carbs are different. 1996 has 40mm mics in it. I think that the HO used 44mm mics. Probably different boots?

3) DPM vs. HAC. Can I put a DPM in this or can I use the old HAC?

4) Probably different air boxes??

5) Worried about clutching. Should I change the clutching? If so, how do I know what to put in it?

6) Are the rave valves different sizes from the 670 to the 670HO?

7) Do I need to use the Air Pump - how is it used? With the DPM?

8) Can I use the old coil? Electrical connector is different.

9) Does the HO fuel pump have more capacity or can I use the one I already have?

I am very inexperienced with sno machines. I will be mostly ice fishing in Alaska and need to have a dependable sled. I do like to climb some hills but main priority is trails, ice fishing, and hunting.

I simply want to make this thing run good without having to mess with it much.

Thanks for any advice/knowledge that you can give me.

Randy

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wow, sounds like quite a mess, does your HAC work?
I have a 1995 that the HAC is broken on, I have bypassed it, and rejetted, but I wouldn't mind putting it back on, if you do end up not using it let me know.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The best place for these questions would be over on>>>>> www.dootalk.com

The guys over there will steer you in the right direction on what you need to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts