Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to some guys who rode at Summit last weekend and said there was SNOW! They said they put in at the monument(sp) and there was very little snow there (5 to 8 inches) put once you started to First Aid it got better. Once you get over the creek toward First Aid it gets about knee deep, then when you get over First Aid heading towards the Tit it turns to waist deep. When the got the the Tit I guess there was lots of snow, thinking about heading up maybe Saturday to check it out.......That is if I get my sled back by then.............Just thought some of you guys might want to know!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I can't even imagine having that much snow this time a year around these parts. If you get to ride this Sat, be sure to take some pics so we can all drool over them on Mon morning!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have heard the same thing that the riding around Summit and Paxson are decent right now. With the 7.9 quake we had the other day getting there may be a problem. Check to see if they have repaired that section of road before you go. I can't go until maybe mid Dec (weekends tied up til then) but the riding should be good in South Central by then and I won't have to drive 250 miles for good riding.

But let us know how it goes, I do have an itch I just can't scratch it right now.

THINK LOTS OF DEEEEEEEEEP SNOW!!!!!!

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definetly let you guys know, I think the only damage to the road is a 6" wide crack running down the center line for a couple hundred yards. Now on the Tok cut-off side that's a different story, here is a couple pics of the Alaskan Highway. TCMC, sorry to hear about the weekends LOL and yeah driving sucks but like you said; sometimes you gotta scratch that itch!!!!

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Mvc-061e.jpg.jpg

Can you say DAMN!!!!!!!

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Mvc-062e.jpg.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah I felt it!! The epicenter was about 75 miles away, I guess it registered at 7.9!! There was some 62 earthquake that day, the big one shook the house for a good 2 minutes with lots of tremors and aftershocks through out the rest of day..

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If we don't get more snow here in South Central I am going to Paxson over the Thanksgiving weekend. I have heard reports of 7+ feet of snow.
Might just make the drive anyway, we aren't going to have that kinda snow here until mid Dec. the way things are going.

That quake was quite a ride, Didn't seem bad at my house in Anchorage but things were definately rocking and rolling.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

1 - 9 of 9 Posts