Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most epic days of riding to date, bottomless snow. First tracks, only four other sleds - who turned around when they got to us! No action shots cuz we spent most of the day digging out! Some may take offence(lol) to this, but if there is such thing as too much snow....then that was the case today!

What I like to call Hell's Canyon, spent four hours down here trying to get out. What we didn't know was that two feet below the snow was six feet of bushes that held bottomless snow!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image008.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image002.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image004.jpg

My view from one of the many stucks!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image005.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image006.jpg

Oh and the only mishaps were one broken pull cord on a 99 700 RMK, and I broke off my lower grill on the hood - which was from my tired ass siting on it catching a breather!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Appealing but almost to the point of being scary.
Here, where we ride, if we have 2 feet of snow on the ground it’s almost too much.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I be afraid to disappear in the fourth pic. Cool pics!

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice pics, how high in elevation is that around. Id love to come sled and shred out there, looks dreamy.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where we park is at about 2500ft so I would imagine around 35 to 4000ft, the highest elevation we get to around there is 5600ft.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Glad you got back out ok. I just read about some guys who were stranded for 28 hours in a canyon like that and burned up there sleds to stay warm and signal help.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah my pics are from the same area!!!! Are four hour stucks happened at around noon, so we made back to the truck before the sun was even setting. Those guys just got lost in flat light, not familar with the area and couldn't find there way out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts