Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says i sunk my sled, sorry no pictures haha. The water didn't cover the whole sled though, only up to the front bumper. Once i got it out of the pond i pulled the plugs and tipped the sled on its side and pulled it over till most of the water was out. Then i rinsed the cylinders out with some mixed gas. Then i dumped some more gas in the cylinders put the plugs in and she took right off, i was surprised. Drove it home then which was about 3 miles and it ran fine. It should be fine now right? Anything i need to watch for?
Thanks Evan

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ya, didnt think of that, ill have to check it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
weeps350 said:
check ur gear case pry schould drain it to make sure there no water in it
uhhh if you have water in your chaincase you have bigger problems to worry about then the water, your case should be sealed so you dont leak your oil all over

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
weeps350 said:
uhhh if you have water in your chaincase you have bigger problems to worry about then the water, your case should be sealed so you dont leak your oil all over
^^x2

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
dodgetruck2 said:
weeps350 said:
^^x2
water can still seep in the vent tube

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you guys got like a foot of snow didnt you?, sorry my computer wont load the pic you posted

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some places in ND may have gotten close to a foot, but araound here we only got about 4 inches. Not enought to really snowmobile, but it was enough to get to the water holes, and that was fun untill i sunk. Going to put the sled away today though cause the snow is melting pretty fast.

·
Registered
454 Posts
RMK-KING said:
motodeficient said:
You guys are riding in ND already?
Pic from yesterday
2010102717504560_1554.jpg
Ya'll are so lucky, i used to drive for a company in Gwinner ND called Beckstrom. They also do major farming up in that area.

·
Registered
567 Posts
lucky we got 6 inches on the mountain and i guess theres a foot on togatee pass from what the web cam see

·
Registered
12 Posts
Years ago when I sank my sled I found drain plugs at the bottom of the block under each cylinder. check two if you have them. I took those plugs out and poured a little bit of oil into each cylinder and pulled it over a bunch of times to lube the inside of the motor. But since you got it runner and drove it home you probably blew ( I said blew! ) all the water out. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea i dont imagine there'd be any water left in the motor now cause i drove it home and started it up the next day and drove it a little before i put her away. I thought about looking for drain plugs on the crank case cause that would have probly been a little easier on the motor than just blowing it out the plug holes, but getting to the bottom of that motor would have been a nightmere. The way cat has them motors in there now doesnt make them to easy to work on. You cant even change plugs without taking the expansion chanber off. I was also doing this in the middle of a field with a 30-40 mph wind so i wanted to get it running asap, it was frickin cold especially cause i was wet. I cant really complain though, i brought it on myself haha.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
what sled did you sink?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^The M8

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
700wildcat said:
thats the shits lol

skidoo600racer said:
I'm assuming that it is his new one, because in his sig it says that his other one is sold.
beat me to it by one second.
good call did not catch that[thumb]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, dont't think ill ever do any serious skipping again with this sled, someday maybe ill buy an older sled to turn into a water skipping sled. Untill then, now more skipping for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts