my snowmobile has just sunk and i need a way to get it out please help me

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
long rope.....

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
How deep of water is it in? Is there any ice on top?

Ummmm..... if its not too deep you could probably hook a chain or rope and pull it out if there is no ice. If theres ice, then its a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is about 9 feet and the water is about 20 degrees F and there is no ice

·
Registered
548 Posts
When I sunk one of my old beeter sleds in our pond I gave some high school kid 50 bucks to go in and tie a rope on to it and it was only 20 degrees out side.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
If the current isnt too bad jump in and tie a rope to it. Have some towels and a warm vehicle close by.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its cold and u can barely see that's the problem. Any water crosser would help alot

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Someone's gonna have to go down after it.

In watercross, we always have a rope and something that floats attached to the rope, we pull that when the sled is sinking. Then all we have to do is grab the rope (which is obviously floating)

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
Get off the internet and get out there and try a few things.

If your not going to get it out right now its going to be 10x harder down the road. Use a GPS unit and make a waypoint right where it went down!

Don't go swiming in 20's unless you have a good insulated wetsuit on, hypothermia hits you before you know it and your body parts just stop working. Ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i finally got it out, but what now do i hv to do to get it running again

here are some pics
[attachment=52472]
[attachment=52473]
[attachment=52474]
[attachment=52475]
[attachment=52476]
[attachment=52477]
[attachment=52478]

tell me what u think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Take the exhaust off and drain it, remove the plugs in the base of the engine to get the water out, drain and flush the chain case and gas tank. Probably a good idea to get the injection oil out too, take the seat off and hang it to drain.I'm sure someone else will have other ideas for you.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
me polaris09, his dad, my dad, and polaris09's lil brother all pulled it out after my dad hooked it a rope from a boat and then we pulled it up with the tractor

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]i have a idea dont cross anything more that 2-3ft deep!
yeah thats what i'm doing next time lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
what do you need to do to get that sled running again, i think im going to go over to clouse2411 house next week or two after everything is dried out and try to put it back together, is the electrical going to be junk, and does the gauges get ruined when they get water in them, hes lucky the hood or windshield didnt get broke because when we pulled it out it was upside down until we flipped it over

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]^ So your dad swam down and hooked up a rope to the bumper?

Then he swam out, smacked you in the head and said "MCFLY!"
No he was in a boat with pull rope and he got lucky and hooked the bumper and we all pulled it out

He was pretty mad though he was at a party about 20 miles away

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]Lucky no one had to get in there!!!
i had to swim out and it was freakin crazy i thought it was a dream.Scaried the $hit out of me

1 - 20 of 85 Posts