Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving here in a couple months and would like more pulling power for the excruciatingly long drive out of this frigged place.

If I get a new Tacoma it would only raise my payments by $50 or so (not counting a small increase in insurance). If I supercharge my 2004 Tacoma it's going to cost about $3500 with fuel mods.

Over a 5 year loan, both would come out costing the same. With the supercharger I will have a little more power than the current Tacoma, with less vehicle weight.

What would you do?

Edit: I realize there is a vehicle forum, but wanted the increased visibility of "off topic".

·
Registered
707 Posts
...and using premium fuel.
The TRD headers and cat back system would add some hp. (Mostly from the headers)
I was looking at the new ones the other day. Mine isn't getting any younger, and I just keep adding up the miles.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I would go with the newer pickup. By adding the supercharger you're only adding mods to an older pickup. If it is going to cost about the same and you're able to upgrade to a newer model year the newer model year will have more resale value in the end.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Just remember that the new Tacomas are a midsize truck, not a compact and for what a new Tacoma would cost you, if you spend about $3000 more you could have a fullsize.
Me personally, Id go with a fullsize over a new Tacoma. A fullsize truck is going to outtow a Tacoma, be just as fast in a straight line and get about the same fuel economy.
The Tacoma is a good truck, always had been and probably always will be, but IMO you get a lot more truck for not much more money with a fullsize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts