Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a primary clutch off of a 2005 supersport fit my ultra?? both motors are made by fuji so the tapers should be the same right? i need a quick answer. thnx.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
No they will not. The SS clutch has a boss on the backside of the clutch that will hit the crank seal and wreck the seal , than no more motor.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Greasemonkey is right but you can machine off the boss and it will work fine, just need to take it to some one with a resurfacer or a lathe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. there was a clutch on ebay from a super sport but i couldnt get it anyway. theres a shop nearby here that had a rebuilt primary off of a 2001 XC 800, is that a liberty twin?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I have an old polaris primary for the ultra if you need one.
the 800 twin one will fit but it has the forged spider. and uses wide face wieghts. wich is nice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forged spider?? i can put most any polaris weights in it, just the rollers are wider.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Small world, I'm in the exact situation with my '96 Ultra, only my dealer has a takeoff from a 2000 XC 700 SP DLX. would this fit as well?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by TweakedUltra
[br]Small world, I'm in the exact situation with my '96 Ultra, only my dealer has a takeoff from a 2000 XC 700 SP DLX. would this fit as well?
Yep.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i may just rebuild mine as well as pick up that XC 800 take off clutch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
tripplethret- thanks for the info(made my day)

indy guy-I think I may rebuild the original also...couldn't hurt, could always use a back up.Good luck. Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts