Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That spelling looks wrong but thats how my cable company has it spelt.

Tonight on discovery (I am watching it right now) this survivorman show is on. The guy drives a snowmobile out into somewhere up by the north pole, brakes down, and uses the snowmobile parts to survive for one week.

Any of you see it?

(I didn't know to place this in off topic or general, I choose general because it's snowmobile related conversation. If I am wrong, please move)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah its a repeat. it was on months ago but yeah..some how me survives. If i remember its an old beater.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Repeat or not, still a good show. All of them are if you're into being outdoors. Might learn something too! I like how he complains about having to lug around the camera equipment all the time. [:D]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I haven't seen the snowmobile one...but is that the same guy they dropped off in the middle of the dessert and also the rockies? Those are the only two I have seen so far.

If it is the same show...it's pretty good. If I didn't keep forgetting about it I'd watch it more.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
never really watched the show but it sounds pretty decent ill have to check it out next time it comes on

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I love that show, I think I've seen 8+ episodes. I have seen the one with the snowmobile, pretty ingenius if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Blackcat
[br]I haven't seen the snowmobile one...but is that the same guy they dropped off in the middle of the dessert and also the rockies? Those are the only two I have seen so far.

If it is the same show...it's pretty good. If I didn't keep forgetting about it I'd watch it more.
I remember the desert one. I believe it was actually somewhere in Utah. He had to urinate on his shirt and put it on his head to keep cool. Pretty nasty but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by ACG
[br]
Originally posted by Blackcat
[br]I haven't seen the snowmobile one...but is that the same guy they dropped off in the middle of the dessert and also the rockies? Those are the only two I have seen so far.

I remember the desert one. I believe it was actually somewhere in Utah. He had to urinate on his shirt and put it on his head to keep cool. Pretty nasty but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I think you guys are thinkin of man versus wild. It is another very similar show but with a different guy. Survivor man usually gets more in the way of survival equipmet like a multitool and flint or survival rations. This guy also is completely alone, he has to carry around the camera equipment and do all his own camera work. The guy on man vs. wild usually only gets a knife but he does have a camera guy following him around to do the camera work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Survivorman (Les Stroud) is a great show, I just wish it was on more. I can't believe he made it a week up there at the North Pole with nothing. The guy has balls of steel, man.
And it was Man vs. Nature (Bear Gryls) where the guy peed on his shirt in the desert. On another show, he was also stranded in the Alps and caught a trout through the ice and decided it was too much work to cook it so he ate it raw. Same episode, he actually jumped through the ice on a mountain lake to show us what to do/how to survive. Come to think of it, he used maggots off a dead deer as bait to catch the trout. When he found the deer, it was too rotten to eat, but he ate some of the maggots and saved the rest for "later". I would have cooked the trout......

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Lugging that camera gear around must be EXTREMELY tiring. Let alone having to build a shelter and eat to survive. This past summer I was on a survival exercise through air cadets and spent 2 weeks in cold lake alberta on the military base in the bush. We slept in arctic tents (have no floor what-so-ever so were basically sleeping on the ground in the bush). Then we spent 3 nights in a vivuac site that we had to creat and survive. All we had was a ground mat and sleeping bag and a knife. We were also lucky enough to get a bag with a raw potato, 2 mushrooms, spinach leaves and average peice of beef jerky, and whatever we could find to eat. Just maintaining a fire and site was EXAUSTING. After the third day it took a whole lotta will power to do anything. And untill you have beeen in that situation you have no idea how brutal it is. And to have to lug all that camera gears and make a trip back for it must be excruciating. We also had to hike a mere 2km with our ruck sacks back to the barracks (then sprinted to the mess hall to eat first), which is nothing compared to what this guy goes through. My hats off to this guy....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts