Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting in a suspension skid from an 08 700 Dragon into my 98 XC 700. The problem I now have is that when I take it off of the jacks, the suspension doesn't flex. It is stiff as a rock. What is my problem here? Is it binding somewhere? Not sure where to go from here.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
From my understanding this means your mounting points are off. Did you mount it using measurement from the sled it came out of? I could be wrong but when i did a gen II rmk swap into my storm this is the same thing i was told, if measurements are off for mounting holes it will bind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was beginning to think that is my problem. I don't have the sled it came off of to get the measurements. I believe that the skid from an 08 dragon would be an IQ. Any ideas as to where I can get a template for that? The IQ is different than the Fusion skid isn't it?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Another possibility is that the lower rear shock pivot is "over center." Make sure it it sticking upward, and not laying back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is "over center" what do I need to do to correct it? Right now it is settled back against the rear stop when it is resting on the floor.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I was talking about the other end of the rear shock. The lower/front end. But, if you didn't drill the mounting holes in the correct spot, definitely start there first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts