Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, on my 95 mach 1 670 the rear Suspension is really lose, bottms out on like every bump are they gone or do i just need to tightin it? hade a rather large jump that i didnt mean to really do the sled whet stright up and down and started landed on like the back bumper/hich maybe that could have been it but when i bought it i seem to remeber it always being to soft fer my likeing, im 160lbs
my freind that is like 140ibs can bottum it by bounching on the running borads.
[attachment=47787]
[attachment=47788]

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
^^^^^^this could be why its shot the sled was not ment to be rode like that thay are for high speed runs and trail riding not snow cross lol just kiding make shure you did not blow a shock or got it with a bad shock .... if you look on the cluch gard it will tell you kinda what the setings are and what weight they are for

·
Registered
707 Posts
Where is the spring setting? If it is all the way soft, crank it up and see if it gets better. If it is at max stiffness, the springs are worn. If you change the springs you're probably do for a shock rebuild/ replacement.
The shocks should bottom out on the biggest jumps only.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Neither is a Vmax4! But, I've seen those get some crazy air and not break

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So to answer your question, instead of questioning your riding style, you probably need new torsion springs. If they are original 95 springs and you want to beat them like that, you should get some new ones.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by BskidooC
[br]ive put mine through hell and it just keeps goin
TEAMXMXZ600- the mach's were meant to be ridden hard
Sorry, a 95' Mach was not meant for that BskidooC. In 96' they revamped the suspension and changed several pivot points in the chassis, that's when Ski-Doo started to really compete in Sno-Cross.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same trouble after a couple of crappy snow years and beating a 6 mile extremely tore up, drifted in trail. If you take one end of your shock off, and compress it (any amount) it should extend slow and steady. If it stays compressed, go buy a 40 or so dollar shock. I also put the heavy duty skidoo springs on my summit, cause I figured I went from 165 to 200 pounds, maybe the springs that offshore was talking about in the previous thread were too small. I think the heavier springs rode better through bumps anyway. That's my humble opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.