Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I posted about my polaris indy and how to set it up for my weight. Well I have the springs as tight as they can go and the machine still does not hold my weight. I am now going to move the front track shock up one slot, will this help.

The sled is going down 2 1/2" when I get on it and the flap hits the ground. I need some more ideas.

Thanks for any Help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
I am no expert by any means but would that mean that you need a stiffer or more heavy-duty spring? I thought that shortening up the spring just made for a firmer ride.

Jacqui
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,584 Posts
yeah we put heavy duty springs on my sled and I weigh 130lbs. Have you tried higher tension springs? Maybe a shock is worn out?



Edited by - Sled_Dog on February 21 2002 5:30:27 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,584 Posts
I eat everything in sight. Eat a lot and then some more. Just never gain weight. Won't be that way forever. My dad used to be like me when he was young too but is like 220lbs now. He gained plenty of wait when he quit smoking. But yeah the viper runs a bit quicker we me on it compared to him :) wonder why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,619 Posts
what do u mean by moving the front track shock up a notch? what exactly does this do for ur suspension? i am lookin for a firmer ride when i finally get some snow and get to ride again

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
You need a stiffer set of springs. Moving your front arm shock won't help much if any at all. Your shocks might be worn out, you didn't say how old the sled was. It probably has old gas bag, or non rebuildable shocks so you might have to buy new ones. Some sleds are also built with that much sag in them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,619 Posts
hey ajr#175 welcome to the forum!!!

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ajr#175:

You need a stiffer set of springs. Moving your front arm shock won't help much if any at all. Your shocks might be worn out, you didn't say how old the sled was. It probably has old gas bag, or non rebuildable shocks so you might have to buy new ones. Some sleds are also built with that much sag in them.

[/quote]
OLD GAS BAG!!! Leave my ex-wife out of this O.K. LOL

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by :It
[/quote]
OLD GAS BAG!!! Leave my ex-wife out of this O.K. LOL

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio[/quote]

Sorry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK as I have read if you move the front track shock up a slot. The suspension will hold mor weight and increase stiffness*
Also if you move the rear track shock up one slot it will give a softer ride.

Oh the sled is a 89 and the shocks are replaced. I am not sure what kind of shocks though.

I hope next year I will be riding a Mach Z!!

Thanks for the Help guys!

GO BIG or GO HOME!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
This may sound too simple, but if you have your ski's elevated onto rollers and your track is not flat on the ground, your suspension will not function properly and will feel completely worn out (the suspension will collapse and feel weak), the track needs to sit flat so the whole system works together. I went through this, I had my ski's up on rollers and had the shocks rebuilt and put new heavier springs in it, after, the suspension would compress when I would sit on it and not spring back up, removed the rollers and suspension worked properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,619 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by snodude:

This may sound too simple, but if you have your ski's elevated onto rollers and your track is not flat on the ground, your suspension will not function properly and will feel completely worn out (the suspension will collapse and feel weak), the track needs to sit flat so the whole system works together. I went through this, I had my ski's up on rollers and had the shocks rebuilt and put new heavier springs in it, after, the suspension would compress when I would sit on it and not spring back up, removed the rollers and suspension worked properly.

[/quote]

It started out sounding simple, but then u lost me at the part where u sat down on it

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Yeah, I guess I kinda got long winded, my point was to make sure your ski's are on the ground and not elavated on dollies. Same surface as track is on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,619 Posts
ya, that sounds better, i was kinda thinking..."what the hell is this guy tryin to say"

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top