Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my buddy braught me to this golf course and we started jumping , hitting bunker lips ,, going a good 10 feet in the air and 30 to 60 feet in distance , and we were al landing in like 3 or 4 feet of powder ,,
This was really the first time i'd really been jumping on a sled ,,,,,,,well TALK ABOUT FUN man ,, Now that's ALL i want to do ,,
When conditions are wright i can't think of anything better to be doing with my sled hehehh
But what i wanted to know is , the stock suspension that are on the 1997 thundercats?? are they ok for jumping around or should i REALLY do the suspension over with something better. I don't know much yet about suspension other then the M10 suspension i keep hearing about.
Any help or advice would be cool ,,,cause i wouldn't want to screw anything up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, how does that T-Cat fly?? Those are pretty heavy sleds...

One of the biggest problems I've seen with jumping them is, of course, the landing... the running boards eventually get bent from your body weight slamming down on them. A fix for that is buying some rods from a sled shop and putting them into the outside edge of your running boards to strengthen them.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Just my thoughts...I think that after quite a few jumps your suspension will be pretty rough. Not that AC suspension is bad, but that sled was never designed to take jump, after jump, after jump...more suited to a SD MXZ-X, or (I think) AC equivalant ZRT 440, or 600. But, good info from NightTrain regarding runnin' boards too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
u can get those things call fish bones from the newer polaris sleds, those work pretty good to strengthen runnin boards, theres a bunch of golf courses around were i live, one owner tells sledders hed rather have them ride there then cross a street to get some were else and get hit by a car, cause alot of peoples back yards are connected to the gold course, and the other one catches the last person riding on the course at the end of the season and charges that one person for all winters damages to the greens and lawn.. lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya welll we shouldn't of been on the golf course in the first place ,eheh but man those 6 foot deep bunkers were just to SWEET to avoid , heheh plus we got to land in some NICE 3 to 4 foot powder ,,
but man you hit it on the spot with the running boards ,, cause i do find that they have a tendancy to bend a little when i do land jump after jump.
She weights a little over 575lbs wich i think is the heaviest T-cats got, but surprisingly , she holds GREAT on big air jumps,,,,,,,i don't know if it's the weight or not , but when i take a good run at a jump and get say 10 feet up ,, she fly's like a bird, ehheeh but watch out ,, here comes that ROUGH landing ,,,,,,
Suspension bottoms out EVERY SINGLE time ,,,,,,, hasn't stoped me yet ,, but my heat exchangers that are under the tunel are starting to bend a little, eheheh
Would that M-10 suspension i keep hearing about be a good buy for what i like to do and compatible with my sled?? or should i look at another type of suspension ,,,,,,,,,,,or better yet keep my sled for radar's and not snow X, ehheheheeh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts