Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Artic cat zr800 crosscountry The suspension goes down and doen't come back up. I have replaced the rear shock and know that it is charged up.Also have replaced the springs. I mean it doesn't take anything at all to compress it. Does any one know what could possibly the problem. I have tried everything I could think of

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just read some other people with suspension problems.But I have done all of that stuff Like the springs and the shock.But one other thing I also have the adjustment on the handlebars to put more pressure on the front skies.Just to let you know I would thing that that would have anything to do with it. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ME PLEASE

·
Registered
35 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME SLED AS YOU. JUST BOUGHT IT USED HAS ABOUT 1300 MILES. I HAVE TRIED TO FIND OUT HOW THE ADJUSTMENT KNOB WORKS AND WHAT IT DOES OTHER THAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE FRONT SKIES. I WILL BE GOING TO THE DEALER TODAY TO PICKUP SOME OIL, AN WILL TRY TO GET ANY INFO I CAN ON HOW THAT SYSTEM WORKS. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Def make sure as thundercat said that the skid is in the proper holes. Getting it mounted in the wrong holes will change the pivot pressure on the suspension and can make it very easy to compress

·
Registered
39 Posts
well, i had the problem on my sled, its not the same, mines a 96 ZRT, but it has fox shocks, and i got the rear rebuilt last year, but, when i put it back in and went for a ride, it would go down and not come back up. i brought the shock back to the guy who rebuilt it and he said he screwed up and didnt set the floating piston inside the shock right, so it was sticking, he took it apart again, and set it right, thus fixing the problem, iunno if urs would be the same, but worth i try?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had that prob with my sled and i moved the skid back one hole and stiffened the springs. works like a champ. also this doesnt have to do with your prob but depending how much you way and how you ride that sled has clicker shocks which means you can adjust the rebound rate by the knob on the rear shock

·
Registered
482 Posts
I put heavier duty springs on mine, and they are almost too heavy duty, on the softest setting they are way stiff, but the suspension comes right back up.

Have you greased things up lately? it helps a little.

are your rails egged out?

sometimes when you put the sleds on a hard surface the track bites down a little bit, and things dont move freely. Have you ridden it at all to verify the condition exists while riding? If it still sags, you may have a bad rebuild on the shock, or you may need stiffer springs. I tried moving the mounting of the rear arm on mine... it didnt seem to help or hurt no matter where it went, but it might be worth a try. Tracks not too tight is it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem with my 99 600ZL. I replaced the shocks and the springs (heave duty). My shocks were not rebuildable though. I also moved my rail arm forward one hole (factory setting). I am satisfied with the results. Rides like new. What is your front rear
adjustment shoch adjusted to? Stiff? Have you adjusted you straps?

Hawk,
Your springs are too stiff? How much do you weight (gear included)
The heavy duty springs are designed for 200 lbs and up.
*I agree with you comment about the track adjustment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts