Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up a 133.5 skid from a 1996 sks. will i need to move the mounting brakets at all or can i just bolt it right in? it's going into a 1990 indy 650

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Your going to have to re-drill holes in your tunnel. I have a set of 133.5" rails that i drilled hols in to bold a 121" suspention on to them. that way you wont have to re-drill anything. $75 and i will bring them to haydays. I just bought them at the outlaw drags for $125. the guy told me they where 136" rails and when i got them in i found out they are to short for the 136". I measured them and they are 52" long... 136" rails are 56" long.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Would be easier to use the whole 133 skid and just move the mounting plates. moving the torque arm's mounting location on the rails would mess with the geometry too much

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so would i just measure my mounting plates and the new skid and move the mounting to match? never done it before and all i have found on mounting new skids is for the m10s

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just the rails.
and how do you figure?
the holes on the rails match that of 121" rails. it would be no different than putting rail extentions on a 121" skid.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok. i'l lookin for a complete setup. actually the one i'm lookin at getting is the sks suspension for 75 bucks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
blacktar08 said:
oh ok. i'l lookin for a complete setup. actually the one i'm lookin at getting is the sks suspension for 75 bucks.
Good luck. cheapest polaris skid i have ever seen was $50, and thats because i sold it. I wanted it gone. some guy walking by at outlaw was like ohhhh a skid and he almost kept going until i said take it with you, $50 and he took it.
the cheapest you will get an ok skid is around $100 to $125

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guy wants 75 for a 133.5 skid out of an sks. looks decent in the pics goin down friday to look at it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
blacktar08 said:
guy wants 75 for a 133.5 skid out of an sks. looks decent in the pics goin down friday to look at it.
Make sure Its got good shocks, or some fox shocks that you can rebuild. $75 is a great deal...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it is a good deal. hopefully everything will be good on it. if not well then i may be buyin yours stormy.

stormy you'll have to pm me your number so i can stop by at haydays and say hi

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well picked up the 133.5 skid today. everything looks good on it. just need a track now. hopefully find one tomorrow. so i was told that if i run bigger wheels in the back i could put a 136 track on the 133.5 skid. anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have heard of big wheel kits but not so sure about them using up the extra slack, but i suppose its possible

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so still not sure how to mount the 133 in my sled. the skid is out of a 96 sks. i'm putting it into a 1990 indy 650. what do i need to measure? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so I got the measurements for the mounts but haven't had time to get the skid in yet. i have noticed tho that when I depress the suspension it pops the torsion springs off. It does not have the rear stop blocks in but I thought you could run without them in. will getting it in the sled stop this or do I need the blocks back in? will post some pics when I get it done finally.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
going to extend the tunnel I hope?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i'll be extending it next weekend. gonna be using some diamond plate on it. probly wont be the prettiest but it'll work. be no show all go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts