Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 xcr 600 with fox shocks and I realized that the sag in the front is 2" after I turned up my springs to the max.what should it be if any? I also have a 1" sag in the rear and the springs are at the max as well! now this sag is without me on the sled so do I need new springs front and rear?
thanx toby

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your fox shocks may need to be rebuilded...if so be sure to have them revalved to your weight.Not real expensive and well worth it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you ride a lot and on rough trails get into the habit of rebuilding the shocks every year for the best rides. It's recommended yearly also because the oil and nitrogen loses it's mojo from even just getting old.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
While it is true, your shocks may need rebuilding, the shocks have nothing to do with suspension sag. Springs hold the weight of the machine. Shocks provide resistance to movement.

To me it does not sound like you need new springs. It sounds like you have your springs (especially rear) set too stiff. The rear will sag an inch just to take up the angle of the slide rails. I believe the '95 XCR has the XC-101 rear suspension which has about 7 or 8 inches of travel. You want to measure sag with your weight on the machine. I would say approximately 3 inches at the rear bumper would be good. If you aren't doing a lot of jumping and ditchbanging, you could even get away with 4 inches. 2 inches of sag in the front is nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts