Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i weigh about 200 pounds and ride a polaris fusion 600 and i thought i bought the heavy duty torsion springs about 3,000 miles ago and have about 2,000 miles on the front shocks and about 800 on the rear shocks. I have the blocks on high and still bottom out relatively easy. So I believe all my shocks need to be rebuilt because it is not "rebounding" to well and also new springs? Do the springs need to be replaced after hard riding? And also i cant find any .405 Springs for the iq suspension only .359 so if you guys know where i can find them that would be great. Or any other input you have to get this sled set up for more aggressive riding.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Springs control ride height and rebound, shocks dampen the movement (slow it down). The two work together to control bottoming. At your weight, you will definitely feel a difference if you go with the heavy springs - Polaris sets their sleds up for a rider of about 170lbs with the medium springs.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i understand this but how often do springs need to be replaced when rode aggressively? I think both need work, new springs and rebuilding the shocks.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Thy need to be replaced when they wear out. Yours are apparently worn out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts