Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 ZRT 600, a buddy of mine has a 1997 MXZ 670, it is very easy to pull cat walks with it, but it is excellent in the trails, how would I set my ZRT so it does that.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you need to tell what you like about the MXZ and what you don't like about your ZRT...ie cornering ability, suspension softness/firmness, bump steer, traction issuses ect. Tell more info and you'll get a more specific answer.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like how the MXZ handles, you can pull cat walks very easy, with my ZRT it is very hard to pull the skis off the ground, but it handles pretty good in the trails, I have the suspension on my ZRT set as loose as it will go, how would I jack up the front, and the rear suspension, and would that help.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
You are far too concerned about putting your skis in the air. How many topics have you asked this in, and how many times have people told you putting your skis in the air is not important to the sport of snowmobiling.

Plus the 670 is a twin, which most likely weighs a lot less than your triple.

You should want your skis on the ground, not in the air.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just find that there is to much ski pressure, but I don't want to adjust the limiter straps, because that is dangerous in the trails, all I want to do is bring the front end higher or something like that so the front end will come up when I want it to.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
What you ask is impossible. You want the front end in the air to show off to people "look, my sled has so much power"... whatever. But you want it to handle well, without the front end going up.

Well, if you have it set up so the front end will go in the air when you want it to, then it's gonna go in the air, no matter what, when you are on the gas. unless you want to re-adjust your suspension all the time.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I didn't put enough info, I don't want the skis straight in the air, just a half a foot when I first start off giving it shots of gas. (leaving the yard in the morning) just showing off in front of the guy's with touring sleds.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I dunno, try messing with rear scissor stops. Making the springs stiff or soft won't make much, if any, difference.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do I need to pull the suspension out to play with the rear scissor stops.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are they, and should I move them right back.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
They are black plastic squares in the rear skid. You turn them to adjust for different amounts of weight transfer.

I agree, i think what you want is almost impossible because if you really want to show off the power of the machine, than you must REALLY get big power!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are they those triangle things with the springs on them.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
No, those adjust the tension of the springs. The RSS look similar but are futher back and usualy donw on the rail. The rear suspension arm rests against them......one on each rail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts