Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sled currently has an xtra 10 in an aggressive chassis. It sits way too low with the weight of the rider and I'd like to elevate the rear end and upgrade the the rear suspension at the same time. Can anyone offer up any ideas? There's a reasonably priced 128 M10 I can pick up nearby for a decent price, but I don't know if that forces me to extend the tunnel. ...and if I need to extend the tunnel, should I go to a 136. I'd like to replace the track too so if I can do that at the same time.

Any advice is appreaciated...ed

·
Registered
761 Posts
XCRNewbie99 said:
This sled currently has an xtra 10 in an aggressive chassis. It sits way too low with the weight of the rider and I'd like to elevate the rear end and upgrade the the rear suspension at the same time. Can anyone offer up any ideas? There's a reasonably priced 128 M10 I can pick up nearby for a decent price, but I don't know if that forces me to extend the tunnel. ...and if I need to extend the tunnel, should I go to a 136. I'd like to replace the track too so if I can do that at the same time.

I asked the same question not long ago and the answer I got makes sense...there is not enough of a difference in 121-128...go to 136 or 144...Also you can purchace drop brackets REALLY cheap, and raise the sled height...Just be prepared to make adjustments to the front end to compensate for the change in the rear.

121,136,144 are the easiest to find replacement tracks for also...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RAMROD said:
XCRNewbie99 said:

I asked the same question not long ago and the answer I got makes sense...there is not enough of a difference in 121-128...go to 136 or 144...Also you can purchace drop brackets REALLY cheap, and raise the sled height...Just be prepared to make adjustments to the front end to compensate for the change in the rear.

121,136,144 are the easiest to find replacement tracks for also...
Excellent. Thanks for the help. I'll wait to pick up a 136 skid then and pick up this extension kit which looks much like the (and probably is the same) back end from a 2000 SKS. The back end looks the same as mine. I'll also look into the drop brackets too. Didn't know about them. Would Hudon's, HTG etc. carry them?

http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=106

1 - 3 of 3 Posts