Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a extra 12 on ebay and am trying to install it in a 1994 xlt with a 800 storm motor in it will i have to drill new mounting holes and if so anyone know where to drill new holes

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm almost certain that you will have to drill new mounting holes for it. Where the holes go, I have no idea. But I'm sure someone will chime in for you.

·
Registered
725 Posts
there is a post in the "How to" section that does a good job of going through an xtra-10 swap, I'm sure you can follow the same guidelines for an xtra-12. The mounting holes might be different from an xtra-10, but they give a good explanation on how to find out where the holes should be. I'll be going through this next spring when I swap an extra-10 into an old indy 5, so let us know how it turns out! [:)]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do a search in this forum. There are a lot of posts on this subject. I have done this swap and found that it is necessary to have the mounting plates designed for the Xtra-12.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The X 10 swap I had to drill new holes. But love the results! You will have to drill new holes too. Not hard to do at all. But I think you may only have to drill new rear holes for an X 12. But like others said look it up or find someone with an X 12 from that factory and measure the mount holes...Good Luck its an easy job so don't worry :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
the extra will not be as easy as an extra 10 or edge swap. If your steering hoop area needs to be modded it is going to take alot more work. You will have to get dimensions of another extra 12 to mount it.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yes. You will have to drill new mounting holes and move the mounting plates. Here are the measurements from my '95 XLT Special.

[attachment=33661]

As jbshocks mentioned, the front hole may be the most troublesome. This picture shows where the front hole is located.

[attachment=34716]

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
jdzaharia, Have you ever done this swap? Do you mind if I post your specs on my site? Since I have x10, edge and pro x skid mounting on there people are always asking for the specs. Also can you get a better picture of how the steering hoop mount endsabove the bolt?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts