Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Skidoorider583 said:
CAN I FIT A EXTRA 10 OR EXTRA 12 IN A INDY 1995 LC EFI. JUST WONDERING THANKS FOR LOOKING.
Hey!! Take a look at my 95 Indy 500 Carb. I put a M-10 Suspension in it and it's beyond AMAZING!!! If your going to do a suspension swap do this cause it's the easiest and the best overall. I looked into Extra 10's and 12's and they will fit but they don't even come close to an M-10. M-10's were put in Polaris from 2003 to 05 and you can find lot's of them for sale.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
mopar_geoff said:
Skidoorider583 said:
CAN I FIT A EXTRA 10 OR EXTRA 12 IN A INDY 1995 LC EFI. JUST WONDERING THANKS FOR LOOKING.
Hey!! Take a look at my 95 Indy 500 Carb. I put a M-10 Suspension in it and it's beyond AMAZING!!! If your going to do a suspension swap do this cause it's the easiest and the best overall. I looked into Extra 10's and 12's and they will fit but they don't even come close to an M-10. M-10's were put in Polaris from 2003 to 05 and you can find lot's of them for sale.
Ill def agree that an M10 would be a good upgrade, Im gonna disagree about it being the easiest. Installing an M10 is pretty involved. Much more so than an xtra 10 or edge skid. It would also be a very expensive upgrade, an edge can be had for less than half the cost of an M10. M10 is good for smooth trail riding, edge is better for bumps and jumps and also rides real nice. Its all about what youre looking for.

·
Registered
634 Posts
X2^ Unless you want to spend $500 or more on an m-10, go with the edge or X-10. Much cheaper and way easier to do. X-12 is not that great of a suspension. made just for smooth trail rides. my wife loves her X-12 but she never rides the ditches with us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I disagree with the price issue. I got my M-10 used out of an 03 Polaris for $250.00 Canadian and the cheapest Edge I found was $400. There are alot of suspensions out there and if you shop well you can find a good deal.

As for the install I didn't have too many issues. I placed it inside my track and lowered my sled to a ride stance I liked. Double checked the clearances under the sled and track and made sure it was square. Drilled four holes and I was done. Oh, I'm sorry. I also added two small 1/8'' steel plates to the inside of my tunnel on the front just for added strength. So far three years riding pretty hard and not one issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts