Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got new springs and shocks recharged and when i push down on the back the suspension dosent come all the way to the top what is wrong it sags a bit

·
Registered
48 Posts
1st thing I need to ask, is if you have the front skis up on rollers? if you do, you need to take them out and set the skis down on the same surface as the track..this will cause the weight to transfer wrong to the back of the sled.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did the same thing on my old skid and same problem. I believe you just need a stronger spring, like a fat boy spring. also check that nothing is binding and if the front shock spring is cranked real tight loosen it of a bit. It can hold skid down if sprung too tight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
another thing you might want to check is where you have the spring tension blocks set at. there should be three settings. try stiffening it up a bit

·
Registered
482 Posts
after I greased mine it helped things move better. I ended up putting fat boy springs on mine.... the part number is probably the same as yours, its in another thread if you do a search, the title is "ETT rear arm" 25 bucks each for the springs, now I have them on the LOOSEST setting and they are plenty stiff and it definitely comes back up.

The new springs are WAY stiffer, it was HARD to put them on they were that stiff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It your track is too tight it will cause this too, it won't allow the suspension to shift towards the front of the machine correctly when you get off of it. also check and make sure its bolted in the correct holes of the tunnel and on the right plane....If you lower the back of the suspension to create more clearance, and not the front, it can cause it not to sit right, say on an angle with the front of the rails up off the ground, putting more of the weight on the back side, thus causing it to stay down a little. You shouldn't have to put bigger, heavier springs on it, to get it to come back up, they are bigger for larger, heavier riders, and will only make it ride stiffer....also like what was said above, a bind in one of the pivot points....there are other posts on this site about this same topic....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts