Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im building my first "MOD" the sled is just a tunnel&bulkhead on the floor , im gonna start at the rear and work my way up im starting with the suspention, there is a lot of choises out there and im thinking about the m-10, is there any "experance" of yall is it worth the $$$$.00 or is there somthing better, iv got a vwe videos of how i ride so yall can see the riding"style" i have i just aint figured out how to get it on the form?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't say enough good things about the M-10.
It is bar-none the best riding skid in the industry.
You can have your choice of 4 different shocks, (which affects the price)
I've got Fox and love it. Your back will love it too.
You can't go wrong in my opinion.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok..... im a mountan rider iv only got 1 arm so the narrrrly hill climes is out i found my nitch and it is making my polaris "AIRPLANE" yes polaris does make a airplane despite my brother &his o'l lady telling me i bought a SNOWMOBILE well i told them then i RE RE RE RE PEATEDLY proved to them that i got a polaris AIRPLANE any way im a jumper and lots of it so will the m-10 hold up to the abuse????

·
Registered
506 Posts
M-10's take alot of abuse and keep coming back, and they ride like a dream, but they don't transfer well at all and the approach angle hurts your topend alot.

good trail skid, terrible racing skid

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by Junior
[br]M-10's take alot of abuse and keep coming back, and they ride like a dream, but they don't transfer well at all and the approach angle hurts your topend alot.

good trail skid, terrible racing skid
So true. I think I lost about 5 MPH top end when I put in my M-10. Took away a little of the "slot-car" handling I was used to, but it was more than worth the trade off. It all started with 1 of the guys I ride with getting his, then another, then I had to have one. The first guy got his because he jumps. (a lot) The insurance co. paid for it because he folded his stock skid.
Has had no problems since, breakage wise, but you do need to be sure that your bolts are tight. Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got the m-10 on my polaris700 and I love it - at the end of the day my back is in better shap than anyone elses. But I know first hand what sno pro says about the top end, it does shave a little but you're jumping it so that's fine for you. 14" of rear travel will soak up the landing of some prety big air!!![:D]

·
Registered
608 Posts
The M-10 is the best riding suspension out there. But if your looking at performance the Edge will be better. Not only for power and weight tranfer but also cornering.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok.. my sled is a 92indy the with a 98 700 slp pipe&can, articrap 2ndary (cvt) 53* helix ,yellow (cvt) spring, blue primary spring , and 10-62 weights ,im spinning 8200-rpm & it flat out rips, well it used to. Now its a tunnel&bulk head on the floor, i v decided that my track is gonna stay a 136x2" i found that "M A S S I V E" JUMPING AND BIG AIR I is done beat on a short track (136) im not intrested in land speed records or climbing MT. Everest, so that leaves me with either the m-10 or the edge suspention, i have no knoledge of the edge.... is there any pros/cons of the m-10 <v's> edge? what about price diffrence performance-diffrence and is this gonna be a difficult installation??

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you want to use the 136" then you'll have to use the Edge 136 or the Edge touring suspension. The M-10 doesn't come in that size. But the touring suspension is similar. As far as mounting just measure where the holes are on a newer sled and drill some new ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts