Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Suzuki 185

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pigboy 
#1 ·
Hey everybody how you all doing? Just had a question about a 1984 suzuki 185. I am wondering why it bogs down at half throttle.
I took the carb apart and all jets were clean. Could this be a dirty air filter or a bad spark plug? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thanks

#2 ·
I would guess its still something in the carb..Does it run better when the chocks half on??I would also check the air filter..

#3 ·
What kind of suzuki 185?

Anyways, sounds like it is running rich and you've eliminated a possible dirty carb.

Typically the fuel mixture screw controls the idle mixture (not your problem). The main jet controls 3/4 throttle up to WFO (not stated if stumbles up top). The needle controls from 1/4 throttle up to 3/4 throttle.

Sounds to me like you may need a needle adjustment. Many models come with an adjustable needle, if yours does, try dropping the the needle one clip. Otherwise, insert an appropiate washer on your existing needle. This will hopefully solve a mid-range 'rich' condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.